Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
When I was upgrading I saw a both the S3 and APR one in person and the were identical, same height, same width and the same length. (I've not saw the THS one) The THS, APR and S3 are identical, but the THS and APR are made as I understand separately not just bought from VAG and stamped up... The forge intercooler isn't a replacement its a added to assist in cooling anyway, and its a pretty good bit of kit. Unless APR have changed it I don't see the point in spending over £800 for an intercooler that does the same as the S3's

The S3 intercooler isn't fitted to the scirocco.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Certainly doesn't looks the same core size.....

The S3 cooler is marginally bigger than the GTI cooler. I'm not sure if it's fitted to the scirocco, but I'd assume so. The biggest thing the S3 cooler had going for it was the alloy end tanks and that's been lost since they've changed to plastic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ScottyRoc said:
Flux said:
When I was upgrading I saw a both the S3 and APR one in person and the were identical, same height, same width and the same length. (I've not saw the THS one) The THS, APR and S3 are identical, but the THS and APR are made as I understand separately not just bought from VAG and stamped up... The forge intercooler isn't a replacement its a added to assist in cooling anyway, and its a pretty good bit of kit. Unless APR have changed it I don't see the point in spending over £800 for an intercooler that does the same as the S3's

The S3 intercooler isn't fitted to the scirocco.
There ain't many apr ones to see dude :lol: the core is different and I seem to have s3 brake, s3 engine so why not an s3 inter cooler...it would make sense wouldn't it?
You'd have thought that they'd have fitted the s3 arms, hubs etc but they didn't lol. Best way to check what's fitted would be troll through ETKA.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
The guy I was buying from had the both for sale from his TT and that was certainly not the same one I saw (He lived about 3 miles from me and invited me round while i was one R&R), the inlets were the same but 100% was no different in size. Im no idiot and I tell you now it was no bigger, it must of been changed recently because that wasn't the APR one I seen. the APR logo print was in the same place too. The TT owner bought the S3 one thinking it was different but wasn't then bought and fitted the APR one, then but his car back to standard to sell, I never bought any as I got the S3 one for free. The one I got had alloy inlets too not plastic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Even if a S3 one is fitted you wouldn't be able to tell as they changed the end tanks to plastic a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
snapey said:
Even if a S3 one is fitted you wouldn't be able to tell as they changed the end tanks to plastic a couple of years ago.
My S3 definitely never had plastic ends

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
ScottyRoc said:
Well Just dropped her off to have the badges taken out and sprayed smooth..looking forward to this, Also booked in to fill and spray the whole front bumper to get rid of the number plate wholes but he cant do that till next week.

Also ordered up the BSH oil catch can kit together with a full load of Forge silicon replacement hoses. Hopefully get that lot fitted along with a new intercooler in a week or two :thumbup:
It's great to have the old Scotty back! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bring it my way when its done mate we can get some photos

Also is there going to be a thread for awesome summber bash? or should i get one up :thumbup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks smart scotty, it's a lot meaner without the badges. Once the intercooler is fitted Ur run short of things left to mod, maybe some new wheels and brakes, to finish things off. Lol. Look forward to seeing in the flesh again, bet it's a nice drive, but Ur heavy right foot makes it a bit thirsty! Lol :?

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Bit question from me Scotty is, when are you getting a bigger Turbo?!

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Bit question from me Scotty is, when are you getting a bigger Turbo?!

·
Registered
151 Posts
41 - 60 of 82 Posts