Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
snapey said:
Flux said:
snapey said:
Even if a S3 one is fitted you wouldn't be able to tell as they changed the end tanks to plastic a couple of years ago.
My S3 definitely never had plastic ends
Sorry for digging up an oldish post, but it appears the endtank changes were implemented around 2010:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,50164.0.html

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,48344.0.html
Very good. But I'm telling now my S3 intercooler 100% has metal ends. It is 100% metal. 100% NOT the one in that picture :thumbup: Scotty you saw it didn't you when it went on?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Scotty what front and rear brake upgrades are you thinking of buying?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was looking into Alcon fronts but they seem mighty expensive but are race bred. Ive not really thought about the rears, is there any need to or is it a case of if im doing the fronts i might as well do the rears? Do you know if the Audi R8 rear brake conversion uses the Scirocco R's standard disc size as i was looking at that as a back up option. Maybe even TTRS fronts and rears along with a larger master cylinder maybe.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ive found they do them on Parts4euro but dont know if its the correct size. Have a look see what you think. What is the actual size of the R's oem disc's? Also let me know what your tinking of putting on your rears and i might do the same if they work out alright.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I didnt realise that a pulley had been made for this engine yet? Sorry for the ignorance but where does the throttle body pipe fit between in the whole induction system? Cheers :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ah think ive already replaced that with a forge silicone hose then, part of a 3 hose kit. Where can you buy the Neuspeed puley from? the internet at work blocks most sites :( Cheers Scotty

·
Registered
184 Posts
But still a good read. Are all Ur toys fitted for now eg Ur intercooler etc? Looking forward to seeing it again in Leeds next weekend ;0)

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Eh?! Who banned Scotty? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: metaljay

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Not me, but I know a lady who did it by accident! Oops I've said too much :shh: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
northernscirocco said:
Rob said:
Not me, but I know a lady who did it by accident! Oops I've said too much :shh: :lol:
A lady???? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Ha ha, is this some Harewood house banter?! :shh:

61 - 80 of 82 Posts