Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Picked up my new Roc today.. had an awesome day driving round the Cotswolds. Loving the car!!

However, slight problem. I've just noticed a damp patch on the drive underneath where the car was parked. I then moved it down the drive and parked it for a few mins and have just checked and there is another damp patch!! :x

The liquid smells very much like screen wash so im guessing thats all it is and its nothing serious. Just wanted to check if anyone else has had this issue with their new Roc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can't say I've ever smelt the fluid but definitely aircon units build up exterior condensation which drips into a puddle when the car is stopped. It's probably that. As long as you keep your eyes on the oil and coolant levels, if they're not dropping then that'd be it I guess.

·
Registered
484 Posts
maybe b aircon but could b ur water bottle at well

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes - most likely the A/C (assuming you have been using it), but as has been said already, I have known washer bottles to leak on other cars. As the car has just been handed over, the bottle could have been overfilled or worse there could be a loose connection for the windscreen washer system.

A few years ago on my wifes' brand new Fiesta, I was filling the washer bottle and it seemed to be taking forever to fill it, I looked down and realised it was going all over the driveway, one of the connecting pipes had come adrift so it was straight back to the garage (this was several weeks after delivery though!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be keeping an eye on it... hopefully just a/c condensation as suggested.

Absolutely loving the car... felt great on the winding A-roads of the Cotswolds and a big step up from my previous Seat Ibiza 1.4 (unsurprisingly!!!) :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Can you spot where on the engin its leaking from? I had my Mk5 GTI for only 3 weeks when the radiator seam parted, havent noticed any damp patches under mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
albertz33 said:
Can you spot where on the engin its leaking from? I had my Mk5 GTI for only 3 weeks when the radiator seam parted, havent noticed any damp patches under mine.
Can't see where its coming from as its quite far back. Its about 10 inches inside from the back of the front right tyre.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Can't see where its coming from as its quite far back. Its about 10 inches inside from the back of the front right tyre.
If you mean the Off Side Front (drivers side) then this does sound like A/C condensate as I believe the pump is somewhere in that area. As suggested switch of the A/C for a few days and keep an eye on it.

p.s. if the a/c is off you might also want to switch of re-circ to stop car misting up all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It did turn out to be a washer fluid leak after all! The low level warning light came on the day after I'd collected it.

Had to take it in to the dealer at 8.30 this morning... going to pick it up at 12. It better be spotless when I get it back!!!! :D

They gave me a 1.2 Polo in the meantime... not a bad car for what it is but makes you appreciate the Roc even more!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts