Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right then im ryan and im on the other scirocco site (scirocco central) and have been for quite some time now, and have decided to join this one

heres the spec and a few pics on the car (believed to be the first one on the road in the uk with the xenons :D ) and one of the first people to actully modify one in the uk :D

standard options are xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat pipe, cat back exhaust, air filter located behind fog light, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, think thats it, might have missed some stuff out :roll:

car will have a different exhaust on it in 2 weeks time so will add pics once its done

thats pretty much it so far, still alot more work planned for it

managed a 14.2 1/4 mile at santa pod, but my tyres were rather bald, soon will be having a s3 intercooler on it, and then a custom remap, plus a few other little things being done :D

good or bad comments welcome :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi ryan...technical stuff a bit beyond me, but car looks excellent and pretty mean...nice shots too. Are they german style plates? never seen those used over here before...p.s. welcome to the other side of the roc net!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Blimey Ryan I thought you'd always been ont' Net as well - youv'e been mentioned a couple of times I am sure. Mind you with all the international fame you are getting these days the Net boys and girls should be grateful :lol: :lol:

Looking back through your photos I still think the best one is the group shot at the Cat and Fiddle - especially the Roc on the far right :mrgreen:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zum wohl said:
Are they german style plates?
indeed they are, also illegal, i only use them for shows, or when i want to go out for a play, as i dont like 30 pound fines

LCM said:
Blimey Ryan I thought you'd always been ont' Net as well - youv'e been mentioned a couple of times I am sure. Mind you with all the international fame you are getting these days the Net boys and girls should be grateful :lol: :lol:

Looking back through your photos I still think the best one is the group shot at the Cat and Fiddle - especially the Roc on the far right :mrgreen:
im a virgin on here lol, i keep finding myself on different sites, french one supprised me the most actully lol

and im wondering why you like the black roc on the end hmmmmmm.............................

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Lovely motor mate, where did you get the carbon badges done? Also where did the induction kit come from? Im not very technically minded so can you explain the benefit of the dump valve, how its fitted and cost and where to get them?? Cheers, ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imitebeurda said:
Lovely motor mate, where did you get the carbon badges done? Also where did the induction kit come from? Im not very technically minded so can you explain the benefit of the dump valve, how its fitted and cost and where to get them?? Cheers, ;)
i got the carbon fibre badges made before i got the car lol had them made in america, cost me 280 pounds all in.

i custom made the induction kit with bits from a aftermarket mk5 golf one, and fitted it behind the fog lamp and then heat wrapped the pipe

the dump valve is to release the pressure from the turbo basically, the standard car allready has a dump valve fitted as standard, but i fitted a dump valve spacer, basically for the noise, but also to let it release the pressure more (im lead to believe, havent seen any facts about this), all it does is bolt to the original dump valve, forge do them, not sure about any other companies thou.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
£280! wow! Those are expensive badges!! Look well though, I got my badges painted satin black and the plastic sidestrips painted to match the car.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi Ryan

Welcome along. Some great pics there, especially the meet!

Not heard of anyone putting a dump valve on a Scirocco until now. Probably because you don't hear the on Golfs or Audis. Nice touch with the boost gauge. Have you got a pic in daylight to see how it is mounted?

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres one pic of it, not finished yet as i need to do the other vent lines, only managed to finish one of them, i made it so i can still use the vent as normal :D its also wired up to the dimmer switch

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great shots and I like your after market additions... one question, I noticed on one of your shots that your front bumper grille is made from high gloss plastic rather that the matte greyish plastic that seems to come as standard, how did tyou do this? is it some kind of treatment or just a different plastic?

Thanks mate,

Ben

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
basnowdon said:
Great shots and I like your after market additions... one question, I noticed on one of your shots that your front bumper grille is made from high gloss plastic rather that the matte greyish plastic that seems to come as standard, how did tyou do this? is it some kind of treatment or just a different plastic?

Thanks mate,

Ben
As above...........I take it you had it custom painted? Are you not worried about stone chips? My solution was a LOT of autoglym tyre shine and a LOT of elbow grease. After 20+ coats and counting am getting near a gloss finish............. :?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i work in a bodyshop, and i also drilled out the other honeycombs in the grill that are usually blanked off, then i flatted it all down, high build primed it, then flatted it down again, then it was all painted, ive done all the work on my car, and as for stonechips, it will only chip the same as the rest of the car :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ryancooke said:
i work in a bodyshop, and i also drilled out the other honeycombs in the grill that are usually blanked off, then i flatted it all down, high build primed it, then flatted it down again, then it was all painted, ive done all the work on my car, and as for stonechips, it will only chip the same as the rest of the car :D
Dont get me wrong, looks the nuts! Really like it, and its awesome against the white! Was gonna get it done myself but just thought it would be too much work to keep it looking good. But working in a bodyshop you have a wee bit of an advantage :lol: :lol: !

·
Registered
28 Posts
that looks unbelievable, just wondered what size alloys you have on the car and how much they cost you? does anyone have a good website for alloys for the Roc?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
elliott181288 said:
that looks unbelievable, just wondered what size alloys you have on the car and how much they cost you? does anyone have a good website for alloys for the Roc?
Try www.rimstyle.com for alloys, they have a very good filter system that allows you to look at only "roc" wheels, also they are very helpful on the phone and if you dont see what you like they will find it for you, not bad on price too!! ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
insanojackson said:
plate = illegal. Also looks very chavvy in my opinion. Get it sorted.
mate as ryan said the plate is only for show, so it isnt used on the road and is therefore not illegal. Defo dont think it is chavy, nice rims, cool carboned badge and well lowered. You are entitled to your opinion but if you want to criticise, which is perfectly fine BTW!, maybe try and make it constructive, such as............"dont like the anthracite rims, possibly black with a pink rim like mine" would be helpful. You dont want to get Le_Savage's goat up now do ya!! :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :? :? .................lol!

·
Registered
144 Posts
imitebeurda said:
insanojackson said:
plate = illegal. Also looks very chavvy in my opinion. Get it sorted.
mate as ryan said the plate is only for show, so it isnt used on the road and is therefore not illegal. Defo dont think it is chavy, nice rims, cool carboned badge and well lowered. You are entitled to your opinion but if you want to criticise, which is perfectly fine BTW!, maybe try and make it constructive, such as............"dont like the anthracite rims, possibly black with a pink rim like mine" would be helpful. You dont want to get Le_Savage's goat up now do ya!! :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :? :? .................lol!
Ok i will do constuctive, Your number plate is illegal I suggest you replace it with a one that conforms to UK legislation. (as in those pics it certainly looks like its on a road)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts