Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today consisted of waking up at 7am, jumping on the M3 and heading over to AMD in Essex for a Milltek Exhaust and panel filter. Dropped the car off about 8.45, they gave us a lift into Lakeside shopping centre so had the McDonalds brekkie then wondered around for a while, get a call from Ben there asking if I want a remap aswell :eyepop: Originally said no but the temptation kicked in and I called back 5 mins later to give the nod to do it.

So as the car now stands it has a Milltek Resonated Cat-Back system which sounds superb in my opinion, a pipercross panel filter and an ECU remap developed on the rolling road and on the road itself to adjust drivability and a few niggles. I think the way they do it, customised to the car and not a generic remap, is much better as every car is different.

After the Milltek and filter were installed it was rolling roaded at 215.7 hp and 221.4 lb/ft.

Then after a few hours of playing about with maps and adjusting things so it ran perfectly it was rolling roaded again. They said to me though to bear in mind that the figures will increase after 3-4 cold starts in mornings and after it has been driven a while as the new ECU's in the Scirocco are adaptive and so will learn the new settings after a few trips. So the final rolling road gave the results of 258.1hp and 284.1lb/ft.

It is a completely different car on the road, has sooo much more pull in any gear and hits 60 in what seems like no time at all. Midrange power is superb! Im still grinning now typing this :D

A picture of the milltek fitted

I was watching from upstairs as the filter was fitted and then one guy came over to admire it

Software being programmed

And now some on the rollers

So conclusion - great day out! Myself and the car treated very well by AMD, would reccomend them to anyone. Love the power increase and the way it now drives. Off out for a drive again now :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
my god some brake out of a exhaust and filter

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remaps are £499 I think, can't remember the break down of the remap and the Exhaust prices.

·
Banned
86 Posts
read about amd kit in vw driver this month, you one of the first to have it done, planning on putting it closer to mother earth

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Give me a call if looking to do something through AMD. I like this company and will try to negociate some kind of group/dealer discount. Reply to this thread if interested so I know the sort of numbers of cars I can quote.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
business manager said:
Give me a call if looking to do something through AMD. I like this company and will try to negociate some kind of group/dealer discount. Reply to this thread if interested so I know the sort of numbers of cars I can quote.
With those spec's... I'M IN! ;) :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
how much did the air filter cost

·
Registered
484 Posts
not bad would it make much difference do ya think

·
Registered
484 Posts
ya im mad ta get a milltek exhaust but not out for the 1.4 yet did ya get a loud or quiet exhaust

1 - 20 of 20 Posts