Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a Scirocco GT 2.0 Tsi but can't get the following out of my head so I need your opinions, Is the scirocco really worth it??

I like the idea of the S3 for grip 4 wheel drive and speed :twisted: , the BMW 130 M Sport as I have never had a rear wheel drive car and the 3 litre engine?

But I just like the look of the Scirocco :mrgreen: . HELP!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
go rocco, fully loaded s3 will be £32k and whsilt will have more grip and bhp won't be as fun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be looking at a '07 S3 for 20k similar money for 130 as well.

I just can't decide they all have the perks.......

·
Registered
277 Posts
ok here it is:

if you buy an A3, you will blend into the sea of A3's already out there, it doesnt matter what A3 you get...they all look the same,... dull.

if you buy a BMW, have you filled out and posted your application form to leave the human race and turn into an a*se? 1 seires are nothing special, not even a decent car, just goes to show put a BMW badge on anything and everyone will buy into it.

At the end of the day its up to you, but for me its a no brainer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
GrimRoc said:
Is there anyone who has driven an S3 or 130 how do they compare to the Roc??
I have drive a 130i M Sport. The engine is the only thing to recommend it although it certainly doesn't feel like a mini M car. I drove it against an Astra VXR and Golf GTI 3 years back and the Golf was the easy winner. I think selling a 130 will be really hard too its a very limited market a 3.0 engine in a Ford Focus type car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
driven s3 on extended test drive, yes aswome grip in corners, well damped, steering sharper than my a3 of time, notice the extra weight of 4wd so not so pointy and i think you need the buckets as otherwise its the same seat style as sport/sline, i still admire it, respect it and thig its a great car but just was a bit to clinical for me, took a golf standard gti out on same route which whislt not as quick or grippy but a bigger smile on my face which really surprised me, i wan't convinced on the roc's looks when i ordered (six weeks before demos were available) but the reviews regarding handling swung me, i know of one guy on another forum who has swamped from a S3 to roc and has no regrets

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm very biased but the 'roc is best by far. Apart from anything else it has far more heritage than the Beemer or the Audi so resale should be much better.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Depends what your after but the roc is going to save you on fuel bills and tax. I think the residuals will be stronger too. I love Audis, not so much of a bmw fan though. The problem with the audi is that to people who don't know their cars it just looks like another A3, just depends if you want to be noticed or blend into the crowd. This is the precise reason I wouldn't fancy a golf either. I have to admit the exclusivity of driving the Roc at the moment is one of the things i love the most.

·
Registered
53 Posts
S3 = Excellent but invisible when next to all the A3's on the road.
1 Series = Does stand out next to other models but is just another car on the road.

Scirocco = Prepare to loose count of compliments, admiring passer by's and rubber necking drivers on the road, as the beauty of the car does it's thing!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
weird today guy in a brand spanking new m3 asked about the roc, ironic as i was lusting after the m3

·
Registered
372 Posts
Even a traffic cop following me tonight stopped at a green light in the next lane to look at the roc (i was behaving myself, honest). You won't get that kind of reaction in an audi or BM! Didn't help that the 19s had just been fitted too. :twisted:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts