Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am just in the process of ordering my scirocco GT 2.0 TSI DSG, but I thought I would ask the experts as to what extras you would recommend. As usual you can absolute mint building the car up from scratch, but that is not my main concern. I want to know are these extras worth it? Is the Dvd sat nav any good, is the panoramic sunroof worth £640.00 notes etc.

I am currently looking at having leather, folding mirrors, dynaudio sound, parking & flat tyre sensors & just wanted to know your thoughts on the subject. :wave:

Stu

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
hi stuey welcome to scirocconet, by the looks of things you seem to have a decent spec, i would say the parking sensors are a must other than that its personal choice, i dont have the plano roof so i cant really comment,

G

·
Hi stuey,

Your spec looks spont on. The nav is good when it works. I say that because I have had endless problems with mine but their are loads of people on here that have had no trouble at all.

I'd say no to the pano roof, just not worth the money in my view and depending on what colour you go far it may not suit that well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot having cruise control as well. Looking at having red as the colour as never had a car in red before, have seen a few sciroccos in black, blue & silver but never in red.
Cheers for your feedback, just got to haggle like mad to get the deal I want now. Manager is back tomorrow, so will be hopefully ordering it then - as long as he can give me the deal I want. Will keep coming back to see for any updates & news etc from now on.

12 weeks & counting. :wave:
Stu

G

·
The nav is expensive but adds value at resale and it better than having to carry a tom tom arround with you. If it was leather or nav though I would go with leather.

Out of interest what wheels are you going for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just sticking with the std wheels - as IMHO its better to look bog std & put the treats inside & under bonnet than to look too flashy (understate - if you know what I mean). I have also read that 19" wheels also do not give good rides??. Understand about resale, but at moment not thinking about that & can always upgrade later.
Stu :wave:

G

·
stuey said:
Just sticking with the std wheels - as IMHO its better to look bog std & put the treats inside & under bonnet than to look too flashy (understate - if you know what I mean). I have also read that 19" wheels also do not give good rides??. Understand about resale, but at moment not thinking about that & can always upgrade later.
Stu :wave:
When you say standard I take you mean 18" not the 17" (sorry cant remember the names!"

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'd go for sat nav as it looks better! i don't why people spend all that money on a car and then have a sat nav stuck to your window that ruins the look i think.

i'd get sat nav, 19 inch wheels and parking sensors.

I wasn't that impressed with Dyn audio but you could always get an aftermarket set-up

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
entropy said:
i'd go for sat nav as it looks better! i don't why people spend all that money on a car and then have a sat nav stuck to your window that ruins the look i think.

i'd get sat nav, 19 inch wheels and parking sensors.

I wasn't that impressed with Dyn audio but you could always get an aftermarket set-up
i have 5 cars so the tomtoms handy for me plus it fits quite snugly in the centre consol + its blutooth for hands free calling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was not thinking about tom-tom, but looking at dvd entertainment systems on internet & came across local co. called Auto Tec, which offer a VW entertainment system for £899 sat nav, dvd entertainment system (Zenec ZE-NC2010). As anyone heard of these or even better got one?.

·
Registered
47 Posts
stu have you see it in viper green :mrgreen: its the only colour man .i have never seen one on the road but in the showroom . super
i just had to have one [still waiting sould be very soonnnnnnn i hope]

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
If I had to do it again I would order the sat-nav/DVD. I can nerstand why some say its not worth it but I think the kudos/resale point is a good one. I would not order the sunroof as IMHO £640 for a sunroof that only tilts is a bit expensive, I dont really accept the "lets more light in" arguement as I find my cabin bright enough and if you are having trouble in the "darkness" £640 will buy a lot of torch batteries. :lol: :lol: Leather I would deffo go for, touch of class and all that (even though there have been some complaints about the leather quality :x ) I think a sports coupe should have it (even though mine doesnt!! :evil: ) If you are in to your sound system the dynaudio upgrade gets good reports, but I find the standard speakers good enough for me.

Parking sensors, a lot of guys swear by them and would not be without them. Ive had them on my last 3 cars, though dont have them on the roc and TBH dont really miss them, so take from that what you will! Flat tyre sensor/folding mirrors, again TBH I dont really see the point, its not something I "notice" not having and wish I had got them, if money is no object then by all means get them but they would be well down my list. I would recommend the winter pack and the 19 inch wheels though, deffo think the luganos or sagittas make a big difference to the look of the car, I have 19's on my car and would say dont worry about the ride difference, in sport there is a "minor" increase in stiffness and feel of the road but nothing major and in comfort I notice no difference whatsoever. The winter pack I have found surprisingly useful! Also I would strongly recommend purchasing a set of lowering springs (either eibach or H&R) and ask your dealer (or a local mechanic) to fit these for you as soon as the car arrives. For a sporty car the wheel arch gap is immense and I feel really detracts from the cars look and stance on the road. The springs just make the car look like it should. This will not affect your suspension or the ACC and should not affect your warranty. hopefully thats helpful :thumbup:

G

·
I ordered the folding mirrors but dont use them tbh. I would havd gone for the 19" wheels if they had been available when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have now reconsidered my options. This was mainly due to the long lead time on new builds, so have now put my money where my mouth is & put a deposit on the Roc R - now due out in Oct........so I was told. :wave:

Just got to start saving even harder :thumbup:

Stuey

·
Registered
258 Posts
Stu,

I agree with Imite in general. I have every extra going except the sunroof. Fortunately money was no object for me only because my oirginial choices of car were 10k dearer but I liked the roc that much against all the other cars that I chose to spend less. The only reason I did not have the sun roof was because it would have added months to my order at that time, as they were having problems with the delivery.

My prioirty for extras;

DSG - great transmission, test drove for 2 days each a manual and a DSG. The car in DSG is different class, the dual clutch makes for a WOW change.

Sat Nav - Right this is the main debate is it worth it. For me it was definite purchase as I my business requires me to drive to different addresses every day and I hate taking the Tom Tom in and out the car so often and having the worry of someone breaking into my car for it. Now the pice, £1200 is a lot of money but a lot of manufacturers charge more than this for this extra but in my opinion it is better than the ones I have seen and used before in Mercedes, BMW and Audi. The key things that impress me about the Sat Nav are as follows;

1. The screen is sharp and clear and the voice instructions from the female invoice are not "robot" like and quite pleasant. Making the car sound and feel more classy
2. Choice of three type of route types; 1. shortest, 2. fastest and 3. most economic
3. 2d,3d view etc backed up by instructions not only on the main screen to view but also on the MDI behind the steering
4. Voice over the audio system
5. TMC - changes routes when informed on delays on your route.
6. Point of interest

3. leather - to me the car looks more the part with leather, in this case it is not the best of leather in a car. But imho the contrast between the truffle leather with the black exteriort sold it for me.

4. VW premium bluetooth = Ok look, this one is dicy at number 4. because I know that it is only really compatible with Nokia RSAP phones. But now that I have used it is so much better than the Bury kit that I could not go back to that. The fact that is so much integrated to the car the features are almost endless. Text message reading on MDI, fast dials on centre screen, centre display of missed calls, dialling in etc etc.Voice activated commands to dial out by adding voice tags and just saying the persons name make this bluetooth the best I have seen. If only they made it universally compatible

5. Winter pack - heated seats etc very useful and I have not even had one winter in it yet

6. Cruise control - I travel on the motorway every day for work and it helps me to keep the drive economic and within a desired speed so I dont have the lovely cops on my ass!

7. Rear sensor - I am not used to this shape of car. The rear view is obviously not great

Other extras I had such as tyre sensor, folding mirrors, steel sills, GT wheel badge, premium mats, metal pedal caps, Dynaaudio I could have lived without. That to me was mostly over undulgence, but hey you only live once. Sorry its late hope this has been useful

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.