Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been keeping an eye what cars are out there.

There are 68 Cars on http://www.autotrader.co.uk (allthough Red seems to be the colour of choice)

Good few cars on ebay too although they are all at main dealers

Any other please post

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
TonyIroc said:

There are 68 Cars on http://www.autotrader.co.uk (allthough Red seems to be the colour of choice)

Any other please post
That's interesting (well maybe pushing it a little!!) as when I was looking for my ex demo on autotrader etc from early Jan to Mid Feb there were consistently 130-150 cars available and the majority colours were Blue (Manual without roof and nav)) and Black (DSG with roof and winter pack). My guess is that Blue and Black was in the first wave of cars pushed out to the dealers by VW UK followed up by a raft of Red and White... maybe BM can shed some light on the forces at play.

·
Registered
315 Posts
There are 155 cars currently for sale on the official VW used car website, down a little from 190 or so earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Le_Savage said:
TonyIroc said:

Any other please post
That's interesting (well maybe pushing it a little!!) as when I was looking for my ex demo on autotrader etc from early Jan to Mid Feb there were consistently 130-150 cars available and the majority colours were Blue (Manual without roof and nav)) and Black (DSG with roof and winter pack). My guess is that Blue and Black was in the first wave of cars pushed out to the dealers by VW UK followed up by a raft of Red and White... maybe BM can shed some light on the forces at play.
Correct most launch stock was red and blue, diesels arrived in black. Most orders have been for rising blue so thats what VW has made. Most dealers ordered white and viper for stock (including us) which explains the amount of white and the large amount of unsold viper - people should be braver. Interesting to note that current VW ordered cars are mostly rising blue, salsa red, pewter grey and black. There isn't a single shadow blue car in the country untagged so Shadow will become a sort after 08/09 car. There is still a decent amount of silver stock but speccy cars are now thin on the ground. Xenon cars have dried up as most are now sold. Dealers are becoming more protective of their scirocco stock as supply gets tight. Expect residuals to firm as used stock begins to sell through over next few weeks.

New GTI will probably have an impact as people realise Scirocco is cheaper and better but is 26 weeks away and therefore less available.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Presume the 4 most popular colours BM mentions will be the easiest to sell-on in future. Interestingly in terms of silver, although I like the colour I don't think it suits the Scirocco as well as the 4 most popular colours.
Am convinced viper green is a colour that everyone likes and admires until you come to re-sale time!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
business manager said:
Correct most launch stock was red and blue, diesels arrived in black. Most orders have been for rising blue so thats what VW has made. Most dealers ordered white and viper for stock (including us) which explains the amount of white and the large amount of unsold viper - people should be braver. Interesting to note that current VW ordered cars are mostly rising blue, salsa red, pewter grey and black. There isn't a single shadow blue car in the country untagged so Shadow will become a sort after 08/09 car. There is still a decent amount of silver stock but speccy cars are now thin on the ground. Xenon cars have dried up as most are now sold. Dealers are becoming more protective of their scirocco stock as supply gets tight. Expect residuals to firm as used stock begins to sell through over next few weeks. New GTI will probably have an impact as people realise Scirocco is cheaper and better but is 26 weeks away and therefore less available.
Great info there BM, many thanks.... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts