Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. Haviong a bit of a problem deciding on the petrol 2.0 GTI and the new Diesel 170BHP. The diesel seems very frugal on the fuel and sounds nippy but really cant make a decision on which to order (tomorrow hopefully). Also any hints on discount from my local dealer or is there a "known" better place to buy. Must say a local dealer does have benefits.
Thanks for any hints, tips or advice guys (and gals of course)

Also thinking of the lights, DSG, leather, sunroof, rear sensors
Brian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, for me it has to be petrol, having a clattery engine in a Scirocco just does not seem right!
As for discounts, I bought mine locally and got 5% in January, but you could probably do slightly better than that now.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
skippy said:
Yes, for me it has to be petrol, having a clattery engine in a Scirocco just does not seem right!
As for discounts, I bought mine locally and got 5% in January, but you could probably do slightly better than that now.
skippys right stunning coupe and diesel just dont work,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with the other guys, unless you're covering mega miles, in which case diesel makes a case for itself.

The noise on starting the diesel is definitely a turn-off, I'm sorry to say. Big part of me wishes I'd bitten the bullet and gone 2.0 petrol. I guess a lot depends on what your coming from though. If I'd come from a diesel it might not have been so bad.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Fraser said:
I agree with the other guys, unless you're covering mega miles, in which case diesel makes a case for itself.

The noise on starting the diesel is definitely a turn-off, I'm sorry to say. Big part of me wishes I'd bitten the bullet and gone 2.0 petrol. I guess a lot depends on what your coming from though. If I'd come from a diesel it might not have been so bad.
maybe next time Fraser

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Welcome Brian, as the other guys have said diesel v petrol really depends on your mileage, although with my remapped 2.0tsi and BP Ultimate I am regularly getting 40+mpg (today 67 miles and 41.1mpg). So in that respect I feel I would need to be doing 30K+ miles a year to justify going diesel. As for discounts the general view was circa 8% but as stock levels have reduced and waiting times increased I would feel (and no research done on this) that 5% discount would be very good. If it is practical (distance wise) give BM a shout as he does good deals for scirocconet members. As for extras......lights (they are always useful, particularly at night!! :lol: :lol: ) take it you mean xenon's, if you can get them good purchase, leather & DSG, yep if I was factory ordering I would definetely go for them, and sunroof and sensors, sensors yes, sunroof personally IMHO it is not worth the cost (dont forget it is only tilt!), but if you are going Candy White it does look good, almost like a carbon roof on a white M3..........hope that helps!! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm seem to have replied and gone to drafts? Anycase thanks so much for replies and advice.
I currently drive an E Class Merc diesel and hence the dithering about the new 170bhp oil burner but the mpg mentioned above is quite good. I have a feeling that this is a bit of an Icon of a car and really should be a petrol so am leaning in that direction......
Now I have to pick thae colour...Relfex Silver or Candy White. The sunroof looks good agree and not really something I want to use. Opal seems popular in this forum.
My local dealer has a car with the new 19" wheels. They do fill the wheel arches better.
Well, I just need to pick the colour really and then go fo rit. Might skimp on the lights as £860 is a lot....
Thanks again folks for the nice welcome and advice.
Kind Regards
Brian

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Gravity said:
Hmm seem to have replied and gone to drafts? Anycase thanks so much for replies and advice.
I currently drive an E Class Merc diesel and hence the dithering about the new 170bhp oil burner but the mpg mentioned above is quite good. I have a feeling that this is a bit of an Icon of a car and really should be a petrol so am leaning in that direction......
Now I have to pick thae colour...Relfex Silver or Candy White. The sunroof looks good agree and not really something I want to use. Opal seems popular in this forum.
My local dealer has a car with the new 19" wheels. They do fill the wheel arches better.
Well, I just need to pick the colour really and then go fo rit. Might skimp on the lights as £860 is a lot....
Kind Regards
Brian
Brian, whatever you go for you will love (we are a roc forum after all :lol: !) If you have narrowed the colour choice down to silver or white (dont forget, if you are prepared to wait you can order the roc in any VW colour {for a premium!!}) IMHO I would say the white, I know it is probably the most chosen roc colour but I do think it stands out a wee bit more than the silver (sorry rocket!!) Also if you are going for the pano roof it will look much better against the white. If I had to choose between xenon's and 19 luganos, no choice, the wheels every time. (P.S. If you are fitting 19's I would consider the eibach-pro suspension kit, the H&M kit lowers it 35 mm all round while the eibach kit gives you 20mm lower at the front and 30mm at the rear. For me it was more practical as it didnt compromise usability or ride quality, also it gives the roc a more level appearance and helps reduce the unwanted arch-space. My local mod-garage supplied and fitted them for £289. Well worth it in my opinion (and doesnt affect the ACS either) ;) ;)

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Gravity said:
Kind Regards
Brian
Brian, whatever you go for you will love (we are a roc forum after all :lol: !) If you have narrowed the colour choice down to silver or white (dont forget, if you are prepared to wait you can order the roc in any VW colour {for a premium!!}) IMHO I would say the white, I know it is probably the most chosen roc colour but I do think it stands out a wee bit more than the silver (sorry rocket!!) Also if you are going for the pano roof it will look much better against the white. If I had to choose between xenon's and 19 luganos, no choice, the wheels every time. (P.S. If you are fitting 19's I would consider the eibach-pro suspension kit, the H&M kit lowers it 35 mm all round while the eibach kit gives you 20mm lower at the front and 30mm at the rear. For me it was more practical as it didnt compromise usability or ride quality, also it gives the roc a more level appearance and helps reduce the unwanted arch-space. My local mod-garage supplied and fitted them for £289. Well worth it in my opinion (and doesnt affect the ACS either) ;) ;)
its ok id rather blend in than stand out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.