Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have had a moaning post about my nav system. However i have now tried it with the disc in the drive. It now seems to be working fine. I was however under the impression that the system was meant to work without the disc in once the data was loaded?

Can anyone confirm if i always need the nav disc in to use the nav?? And if i dont need it in all the time what steps do i need to take to get the nav to work without the disc present?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it is the one with HDD, Just been having another play. Now it seems to give me routes to fairly local addresses when the disc isnt in the drive. If the destination is within 5-6 miles. If however i try somewhere further afield it give me the old "route guidance inactive" bollocks, even if these addresses are 10-15 miles away. I really dont understand the thing? manual is no help at all!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I would really insist the dealer sort this one out. Sat Nav is an expensive option. Given you can buy a good Tom Tom for a tenth of the price of it I think the very least they can do is set it up for you. Dont take no for an answer......... ;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
I would really insist the dealer sort this one out. Sat Nav is an expensive option. Given you can buy a good Tom Tom for a tenth of the price of it I think the very least they can do is set it up for you. Dont take no for an answer......... ;)
I agree.... just go back down there and park it right in the middle of the forrecourt and refuse to move until they have completed the PDI and delivery tasks they should have done before they handed over the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was never demonstrated fully, also when i enter the disc no messages come up at all. I think you might have a point about the info being saved/loaded properly but i have no idea how to remedy the situation.

I have had a drive today with the disc in the drive and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you are keen to have a crack at it yourself I would try to see if there is a factory reset or an option to re-format the HDD and start over as the disc should load completely upon first insertion and you should not need to re-load unless the system is reset or the drive wiped unless an updated disc is obtained.

Advantage of doing it yourself is you will not get wound up by the lethargy of the dealers and you will also become a board guru on the finer workings of the nav system.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Le_Savage said:
If you are keen to have a crack at it yourself I would try to see if there is a factory reset or an option to re-format the HDD and start over as the disc should load completely upon first insertion and you should not need to re-load unless the system is reset or the drive wiped unless an updated disc is obtained.

Advantage of doing it yourself is you will not get wound up by the lethargy of the dealers and you will also become a board guru on the finer workings of the nav system.
i will do this but i cannot find the reset thing, i have tried in the "setup" menu but it doesnt appear to change anything?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank god, it was not even my nav unit but i was feeling frustrated on your behalf!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts