Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I love it and have not seen a bad review of the old shape VRS. Nearly got the old style instead of the Roc but cant get the name Skoda out of my head from days of old when they were crap old mans cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
i seen one in the flesh this week in Belfast, looked terrible. Like all the latest generation SEATS too boxy for my liking.

I drive a new superb in work, fantastic car, cant fault it in anyway

EDIT: It obviously wasnt a VRS i spied just a regular one but i didnt like it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
My Mrs is expecting and Im thinking sadly might have to give up the Roc for a more practical car. Was thinking of the Golf GTI. But thats close to £30k and yes the Skoda has a bad Badge rep but in all the auto car mags its always in top 3 for drivers satisfaction. Also same GTI engine for £23K and still have a hatch back style. I usually am a long term owner and so even if the dep is not so good as the Golf it doesnt matter too much to me.
Looks good too in the blue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
dramosuk said:
My Mrs is expecting and Im thinking sadly might have to give up the Roc for a more practical car. Was thinking of the Golf GTI. But thats close to £30k and yes the Skoda has a bad Badge rep but in all the auto car mags its always in top 3 for drivers satisfaction. Also same GTI engine for £23K and still have a hatch back style. I usually am a long term owner and so even if the dep is not so good as the Golf it doesnt matter too much to me.
Looks good too in the blue!
You might want to have a look at the Mk3 Leon. it would seem they have improved the interior, which was my main criticism of the MK2 and exterior is much nicer too over the MK2, IMO. New Octavia is nice but certainly an option worth considering.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Still a Skoda. I know it's been reviewed very well but I'm still a snob and it's still a Skoda. My dad has Skoda Superb and it is a brilliant car, yet I still feel embarrassed every time I get in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Richiehill1988 said:
Still a Skoda. I know it's been reviewed very well but I'm still a snob and it's still a Skoda. My dad has Skoda Superb and it is a brilliant car, yet I still feel embarrassed every time I get in it.
I would feel embarrassed getting in one in Poland, a lot of them are unmarked police cars! :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
They're using Kias as the panda cars here now. Effing Kias. One of them best not pull me over, I'll run away and wait for a decent car to pull me over. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Yeah the panda cars are Kia Cee'd estates in Poland too! Some of the small villages have FSO Polonez's still! Mad...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
cuprabob said:
dramosuk said:
My Mrs is expecting and Im thinking sadly might have to give up the Roc for a more practical car. Was thinking of the Golf GTI. But thats close to £30k and yes the Skoda has a bad Badge rep but in all the auto car mags its always in top 3 for drivers satisfaction. Also same GTI engine for £23K and still have a hatch back style. I usually am a long term owner and so even if the dep is not so good as the Golf it doesnt matter too much to me.
Looks good too in the blue!
You might want to have a look at the Mk3 Leon. it would seem they have improved the interior, which was my main criticism of the MK2 and exterior is much nicer too over the MK2, IMO. New Octavia is nice but certainly an option worth considering.
True, I like the look of the new Leon. I owed the MK1 Cupra. Was a good car but the dealership network is crap. Servicing was crap. Went to 4 different dealerships. They messed up my clutch and gearbox and in the end sold it cause of that. Also why I went to VW. I know they use same parts but VW seem better at servicing that Seat was and a lot more local centres.

I will test them both but Im now looking for family practicallity plus a bit of sportiness and the skoda is much more practical than the Leon.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top