Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to this site so be patient. Picking my scirocco up from dealer on friday. Its Rising blue 2.0 gt tsi, with leather, dvd satnav, and parking sensors. Does anyone know if the usb lead inside the armrest will take a usb stick directly and play music from it. Also will i be able to upload from the memory stick to the hard drive?

·
Registered
600 Posts
march-hare, yes fella you can use a usb memory stick (flash drive) straight into the lead under the arm rest as thats what I do. It brings the music up on the touch screen in folder order (i.e. each album in alphabetical order) and it will happily play from here.I know that some people on here have even gone as far as using a 250gb hard drive under the arm rest and that works fine too! I do have an IPod aswell, however, im concious that leaving a £10 memory stick in your car daily is less tempting to a thief that a £200 IPod, even if it is covered up. As mentioned elsewhere, you should get free of charge leads for both usb and IPod connections when the dealer hands the car over, just check when you pick it up! To answer your other question, you can not upload to the cars hard drive using this method- that can only be done by using an SD memory card that fits into a slot in the front Nav Screen. Hope that helps! ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.