Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
I was told by the dealer that cruise control couldn't be a dealer fit and had to be in the build.
Don't know why this is; I thought it was basically just a case of changing the column stalk and plugging in.
I'd check with the dealer (and maybe VW Milton Keynes) and get something in writing before taking delivery to the effect that they will either retro-fit (if they think they can) or provide you with a car to the spec which you ordered if they can't.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi All,

Cruise can be fitted at dealer , no sweat, had mine fitted prior to picking showroom car up, around 200bbp ( Aberdeen VW), no problems....This is the second car I have had VW cruise fitted to after buying, shouldn't be an issue !

Steve

·
Registered
372 Posts
redevil said:
Hi All,

Cruise can be fitted at dealer , no sweat, had mine fitted prior to picking showroom car up, around 200bbp ( Aberdeen VW), no problems....This is the second car I have had VW cruise fitted to after buying, shouldn't be an issue !

Steve
Steve, when did you have this done? I picked up my car in January and at that time VW had withdrawn retrofit cruise as an option. A new kit was supposed to be coming out this spring so I'm still awaiting getting mine fitted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Eh.....November I think my car should be a 58-plate..

ABZ VW Fitted it...

+44-1224-384-000

Ask for Gary Brown, tell him Steve from the 'Opticians' told you to phone....
He'll get the jist, if not tell him my wife has a Tiguan ....

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I took delivery of my Sirocco TSi GT DSG first week of Feb 09. Cruise was ordered as part of spec and included in price. I was told the day I picked it up that the current cruise fit had been withdrawn as it did not work properly and a new mod would be available by the end of the first quarter 2009 (March). This was a bit naughty on their part. Apparently they are having same problem with the new MKVI Golfs. I accepted the car and have done nearly 3k to date and cant fault it. I find it more comfortable than the Ed30 I traded it in for, performance is acceptable and the car does handle slightly better.

I rang local VW dealership last week to get update on Cruise fit and was told it was imminent.

Anyone got any further news, I'm isolated here and have to believe what I am told.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts