Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....so be gentle ;)

Been looking at scirocco's for ages now. Had an original scala for about 7 years which I loved. :cool:

Currently got an Impreza WR1 which I'm not keen on giving up but think the time has come for a change.
(hard for me to give up the performance of the scoob :( )

Went into local VW dealer on Saturday to look at new golf but they had a white scirocco modified by niche conversions sat in show room. That put things into perspective so I think Golf is out. Looks like a new scirocco with a bodykit etc.is what I need.
Don't know whether to go for diesel 170 as I'm getting more of a fan of this type of engine, can these be mapped further and can it be detected when it goes in for service, would like to keep warranty valid.

Also just read about the R version so it could be a long wait for one of those :( .

Currently enjoying reading up on these cars to help me decide, looks like a very good site.

Rob

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
HI Rob and welcome to the site.

WR1 is a nice car, I spend many years on ScoobyNet and always wanted one when they first came out.

Bit odd a VW dealer had a modified car there. Would be interested to find out the story behind it. Which dealer was it?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
yeh, weird that a VW dealer has a non-VW aftermarket conversion in the showroom, wonder what the story is?? As for the remap, I suppose if they went looking for it they "probably" could find it, a service guy told me the only way would really be to rolling road it and that in the normal course of servicing etc they dont go anywhere near the ecu. I have always told the service dept whenever I left a remapped car in for a service (just in case there was an ecu update/upgrade) and they have never mentioned it or ever made a comment to me. I suppose might be a bit different if something went wrong!! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer was Lookers in Middlesbrough. Salesman reckoned it was in the showroom for a couple of days as a favour and to show what could be done to the car.
I suppose they hoped it might appeal to some and they would buy one from lookers and do some conversions.

Thanks for comment re WR1, I still love it, but think I swap it for something cheaper to run etc. but is still stylish. :D
Scirocco seems to fit that bill.

I'll let you know what I do. :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.