Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a bit of a grumpy mood this morning...

Up until Friday, I was anxiously looking forward to picking up my 'rocco on Monday.
I thought i should ring up my dealership salesman to find out what day I should pick the car up. I wanted to do it as early as possible as I had booked the day off.

It was my salesman's day off so some other salesman let me know the news...
"oh your car hasn't arrived yet, it's still in Germany. You should speak to you salesman on Saturday."

I rang the guy yesterday at 10am. His exact words were "give me 10-15mins and i'll give you some more exact details."
11am rolled along and nothing so I rang again to give him a bit of an earful. Again, "give me 10-15mins and i'll give you some more exact details."
I didn't hear from him all day and i refused to ring him again on Saturday.

This morning i rang him again and really laid in. 5 minutes later i had an email outlining the situation.
So the car is now in Sheerness in Kent, so in the country at least.
The car should be at the dealership on 21st or 22nd of May.
Taking into account the 3 working days to get things sorted out, I should be picking the car up on the 27th.

I'm not really bothered about the car not arriving on time as I know the car is in demand and VW are under pressure with the 'rocco, passat cc and beetle. We ourselves, as a business, are struggling to get our deliveries out as its so busy at the moment.
I'm even not really bothered that he didn't get back to me when he said he did as he may be busy with customers at the time and he probably just forgot.

The bit that pisses me off is that if i hadn't rang the dealership up, i would have booked the day of on Monday, driven over to the dealership and been very, VERY annoyed.

It has put a bit of a downer on the whole experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is just not good enough imo. I must say I had a similar poor experience of VW dealers when I got my Mark V GTi and I got the feeling they couldn't be bothered with customers! I would have thought that they would be a bit more service oriented just now - even for a model short in supply. I changed from the GTI to a 3-series coupe and had a great buying experience from BMW. I fancy a Scirocco for my next car but stories like yours bring back the negatives from my VW days.

Hope it arrives soon and is PDI-ed to perfection for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get your car and forget those guys. Move on.
Plenty of good VW dealers out there. Let them know that when the car needs to be serviced in the future they wont be getting any of that business from you because of their bad attitude.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to the dealership manager a while back.
I had originally ordered a manual but a week later I found that the 7 speed dsg was available.
I rang up to change the order and spoke to the manager. I actually asked if it would all go through ok and that it wasn't too late and he said it was fine.
Again, a few weeks later I rang to ask for a firm delivery date, as I hadn't been given one at this point.
I made a comment about how I had tried the dsg in a mates car and that I couldn't wait to try the launch control.
The salesman then reaffirmed that I was getting a manual... I was like what?!? Your manager said it was all changed and went through ok!!!
I think I will most definatly be ordering my next volkswagen from jonathan at the cirencester vw dealership (most of you will know him as business manager on here and sciroccocentral).
Love volkswagens sooo much but they need to sort out their salesmanship, some dealers are well below par.
Ps. £5 says that the car won't come with the extras I asked for (alloy pedals, bootliner and door sill) ordered, let alone fitted...
This really would be the icing on the cake...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mine wasnt too bad i guess.... it was suppose to be ready for the 1st March (only had 2weeks to wait) but it was stuck at the docks and didnt come till the 2nd March but thy did the checks and the polish and I picked it up the same day..... i didnt av 2 wait 3 days for the PDI i said I want my car asap!!!

Lou :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got the email from my dealer yesterday telling me what my registration is and that its actually at the dealership now.
i'm going in with dad to sign off the finance details (he's my guarantor) on monday. i will be able to catch the first glimpse of my new car then :)
i had kicked up a bit of a fuss, but i feel the dealership has responded fairly well. im getting quite fast responses from my salesman at the minute.
if the service had have been like this before i would be completely happy, its the fact that i had to start shouting at them to sort things out that annoys me...
oh well at least i'll have my car on wednesday.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
pat15312 said:
i got the email from my dealer yesterday telling me what my registration is and that its actually at the dealership now.
i'm going in with dad to sign off the finance details (he's my guarantor) on monday. i will be able to catch the first glimpse of my new car then :)
i had kicked up a bit of a fuss, but i feel the dealership has responded fairly well. im getting quite fast responses from my salesman at the minute.
if the service had have been like this before i would be completely happy, its the fact that i had to start shouting at them to sort things out that annoys me...
oh well at least i'll have my car on wednesday.
Good luck with it, hope it all goes smoothly and your car is as you had requested. Let us know how it turns out and get some pics up when you get it!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.