Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys (and gals)

yes, that old chestnut again - which phones work with premium phone kit?

I am about to buy a new phone and I can get an excellent deal on the Nokia N95 8Gb. I found a previous thread where Tallguy was saying he uses one. I have PM'd him but he's not been around lately it seems.

So, the question is.....has anybody used the N95 with the premium phone kit and found it to be okay?

I know there are numerous other discussions online talking about lists and protocols etc (i have a Nov 2008 VW list), but can anyone give a definitive answer to this question?

Cheers chaps

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, due to the underwhelming response to this post, I take it that nobody is currently using this combination. I went ahead and bought the phone anyway, and I'm happy to report that it works brilliantly. Just for future reference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I Marco,

I have been trying in vain to get an answer to using the Nokia E71. My car arrives in June but upgraded andyway as the phone does have RSAP functionality. Hope it bloody works when the car comes, hope yours does too. For a premium phone kit VW technical are really not premium when it comes to this useful information.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
atayub said:
I Marco,

I have been trying in vain to get an answer to using the Nokia E71. My car arrives in June but upgraded andyway as the phone does have RSAP functionality. Hope it bloody works when the car comes, hope yours does too. For a premium phone kit VW technical are really not premium when it comes to this useful information.
To be fair, my dealer did provide a list of compatible phones (dated Nov 08) so I did have something to go by. However the N95 was not on the list (nor is the E71 btw). As I say though, it does work fine so I'm happy.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.