Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, get my oil burner back tomorrow from the shop, waited months for the kit but it finally arrived towards last week.

I am a little pissed off though. Oettinger are OEM Suppliers, aside from the styling, this is the main reason why i ordered from them i honestly thought the fit would be **** on, and the quality A1, however, when the kit turned up, the bumpers were PU Plastic as promised, but the skirts are fibreglass. . . . .not impressed. Wanted to avoid fibreglass as it more often than not cracks, but i guess i'll find out over the coming weeks & months. In addition to this, the skirts have no mountings underneath, so how rigid they will be long term, is anybody's guess. PU skirts coming in a couple of months (according to the factory), but i wont hold my breath.

Communication from Oettinger Germany was crap with a capital C and there is an obvious flaw with the moulding the Krauts have used at the factory to form the bumpers as they do not appear to have been "finished off" properly, meaning a lot of modifying by the bodyshop to fit correctly. Although i am sure the finished product will look great, i wouldn't recommend this kit to "ScirroccoRocket", never mind a friend.

Twin outlet Kunt pipe should arrive soon, finishing the car off.

Will post pics soon as i have them.

;)

Al

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I've never used Oettinger before but always been a big fan of their work so a little disappointing to read your review.

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Let hope the overall reaction to the car will make up for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.