Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first split second on starting the engine it sounds a bit like a diesel, anybody else notice this. Also wanting a remap or chip for more power anybody recomend any were in yorkshire. Ps love the scirocco

·
Registered
22 Posts
I noticed this on my 48 hour test drive.. My dad who is a trained mechanic assumed it was a diesel by the sound when I gave him a ride.. I had to check the badges on the back and the engine to make sure I had the 2.0 TSI :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
ya i notice that with other vw petrol engines as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, my car does that too. Only for a split second, but it's got a bit of a Diesel sound :oops:

·
Registered
372 Posts
me too! :lol:

I'm in York if any of you yorkshire guys fancy meeting up some time?

For your remap, Chr1s seems pleased with his done by AMD. This is the sort of thing you should travel a good distance for if you find the best people for the job. I'm pretty sure AMD are in Essex, but they have a good rep from what I hear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im from York too! Hopefully putting my order in next weekend, did you go through JCT600 CandyMonster? Get any discount? Jabbasport in Peterborough do decent VW/Audi tuning, not sure about anyone in Yorkshire though. Will ask around tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts