Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, thanks to transform for finding me a "fitter" this side of the pond, I have to ring him on Monday to confirm a price for fitting of the interior before I order.

As many of you know I have a Salsa Red 2.0tsi GT. When looking at transforms designs I loved the "leg seperator" of the ellipse design. They have sent me a "possible layout", my initial thoughts were balck leather with the centres salsa red leather, with the headrest embroidered "Scirocco GT" with Scirocco in white and GT in Silver and silver thread on the seats. But after looking at the mock-up...............

My thoughts are keep the leather the same but move the embroidery into the centre of the back of the seat, still with the Scirocco in white, but, if it stays in the red, the GT in black thread. As for the stitching Im thinking either salsa red, or more likely black. The seats are pretty mad so I dont need any more colours.

Finally, your views on the seperator. I love the idea, but in that drawing all I can think of is my wife sticking out her tongue...... :p :p

Maybe the colour will be different in the actual design, and I like the IDEA.........just not sure in reality. I know you guys will keep me right so please post your thoughts/ views, dont hold back, but please constructive, if you dont like something how can I fix it?? cheers, D. ;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Colout choice is personal but would certainly loose the separator.... in any colour... not quite sure what it's supposed to do apart from errrr... keeping your legs separate. Maybe I am mising the point here!! :?

·
Registered
572 Posts
loose the seperator ! the rest of it looks good

G

·
Keep it. Anything that makes people think 'whats that for' is good in my opinion!

Not sure about black and red though. May look a bit like a 80's teanagers bedroom furniture.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are set on the colours I would keep the red to within the panel layout, i.e. the 3 panels to the back rest. As for the thing to rest yr nuts on...if you must then keep it black...looks a bit too odd otherwise. That said overall seat could look nice if the quality is up to scratch... :p

G

·
zum wohl said:
If you are set on the colours I would keep the red to within the panel layout, i.e. the 3 panels to the back rest. As for the thing to rest yr nuts on...if you must then keep it black...looks a bit too odd otherwise. That said overall seat could look nice if the quality is up to scratch... :p
Black is good, re think the red.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It does look like the seat is sticking it's tongue out but remember you wont see it from that angle. My own choice would be black with silver/light grey centres as i think brightly coloured leather looks a bit cheap, but colour co-ordinating the interior may look cool.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
business manager said:
I think it looks good, but the red leather would have to be a pretty good match for salsa
Thanks for your comments, BM your spot on, unless it is 100% salsa red it will stand out like a sore thumb. Might get them to redo it as CM said, black with light grey centre, "Scirocco" in white "GT" in red, see how that looks. Knew you all would keep me right!! :D ;) ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
ok apart from the sererator
I know what you mean, but I do think the seperator will look better in "real life"
I prefer the silver IMBUD, but would also lose the separator and change the GT to silver too IMHO ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
definitely much better with silver. Below are the recaros in my last car. This is the look i'd recreate if changing the trim....

How about ecohing the door grab shape and A-pieces with bolsters having a black triangular centre?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.