Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Only thing is Bi-Xenons. I really wanted them but at the time of order (September) there availability was poor (22 Weeks I think the dealer was quoting when he checked :shock: ) So I didnt bother :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Look i have used a lot of sat navs and mainly sit on the tom tom fence. BUT having ordered the sat nav on the roc I do not regret it one bit. They can not be nicked, it looks amazing with the extra touches, it works better then my old tom tom and the car deserves to not have marks on your wind screen from where you have to stick your tom tom.

The way i sum it up is if your day to day life requires you to visit different addresses frequently (my work involves visiting clients at home most days) then it is worth it. If you mostly travel to same addresses then the tom tom is fit for purpose with the cost saving!

·
Registered
618 Posts
atayub said:
Look i have used a lot of sat navs and mainly sit on the tom tom fence. BUT having ordered the sat nav on the roc I do not regret it one bit. They can not be nicked, it looks amazing with the extra touches, it works better then my old tom tom and the car deserves to not have marks on your wind screen from where you have to stick your tom tom.

The way i sum it up is if your day to day life requires you to visit different addresses frequently (my work involves visiting clients at home most days) then it is worth it. If you mostly travel to same addresses then the tom tom is fit for purpose with the cost saving!
I wasn't talking about a Tom Tom retrofit.

I was talking about a genuine VW RNS 510 Unit retrofit, and you can do it for less than half the cost of your 'factory' fit option, which makes the factory option an utter rip off. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I was ordering new and not a used buyer, I would have specced the Interlagos 18" wheels on the 1.4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, have looked at ebay but I don't fancy paying the large wedge of money at the moment, however it may be something that I do in the future, never say never :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
VW SatNavs
---------------

atayub said:
They can not be nicked
I think it's already been proven with a set of Photos posted on here (or maybe it was on Central) that they can be nicked and quite easily IF you know how.
A set of pics originally appeared on a French site of a Roc broken into and the whole head unit unscrewed and stolen.

Pics were posted here (or on central - or maybe both) and a debate ensued.
The consensus was I think that if you have right tools and know what you are doing they can be stolen quite easily and quickly.

Just bought a TomTom myself. First SatNav I've owned and it works great for me.
The Mrs can borrow it for her car too if needs be.

Only thing I regreted when I bought my Roc was that the Xenons were off the menu.
Am not too bothered now though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Electric folding wing mirrors. Bit of squeeze in to garage but hey I have to get of car to open garage door so just fold them in myself. :) Bought car 1.4tsi from stock and didnt think about it much at time, its 57mm wider than my previous car ( Astra ) what a dumb female !!!! Just fell in love with the look of car and that was it test driven and bought. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can anyone else advise whether other items can be retro fitted?

I am thing mainly of DAB radio, and Folding door mirrors? I am about to order, but not sure on these, an would add them after if I missed them.

I know parking sensors and sunroof can't be done retro.

Ta. :?:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GrahamB said:
Can anyone else advise whether other items can be retro fitted?

I am thing mainly of DAB radio, and Folding door mirrors? I am about to order, but not sure on these, an would add them after if I missed them.

I know parking sensors and sunroof can't be done retro.

Ta. :?:
My understanding is that DAB can be added but you need a different roof aerial. Not sure how difficult that is to swap over. Folding mirrors (I believe) are a no go on retro fit due to differences in the wiring loom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i was going to order fold mirrors but on test drive said to the sales guy a prerequisite of buying the car was fitting in my garage,i need to fold the passenger mirror in but leave offside out, was told that leccy mirrors dont operate independently.At least i have about 5 mill either side to spare, what a relief thout it was going to about 4.

G

·
for £120 or so i would say they are worth it. I bought them for fun as i was still in budget with all the other goodies i'd speced.

Got to say i think they are great. Mirrors on the roc stick out a long way and the cost of one bust mirror will off set the cost of the folding option.

Cant be added later so much consideration needs to be made!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not too many that i regret just wanted the MDI socket, electric chairs, bi-xenon, dynaudio oh and the 18" . DAMN that is actually alot :lol: . But i already went to dealers, they told me they can do everything exept the electric chairs which does not matter as long as i have the rest :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.