Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted these bits today...

Next.... wing mirror caps

·
Registered
150 Posts
All looks impressive CM...got to say though the "monster" logo on the back takes the biscuit...that will get a salute rather than just a thumbs up if any of us see you on the road!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imitebeurda said:
Love it, how did you do the centre console?
I'll do a guide soon. Basically those pieces can be popped out with a trim removal tool, sanded with various grades of wet and dry, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, laquered. Took a lot of effort but well worth it. :cool:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sciroccorocket said:
loving the centre consol mod, so simple but so good, ps did you paint the centre consol ???
Yeah, its painted. Those bits can be removed for painting. Have part NOs too if you want spares?

I did them mercedes benz brilliant silver. Probably half a shade lighter but tested lots of paint and its not a bad match at all...

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Candy Monster said:
imitebeurda said:
Love it, how did you do the centre console?
I'll do a guide soon. Basically those pieces can be popped out with a trim removal tool, sanded with various grades of wet and dry, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, laquered. Took a lot of effort but well worth it. :cool:
i agree well worth it top mod

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks factory quality, well done. All stuff you have done inside looks superb together...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zum wohl said:
All looks impressive CM...got to say though the "monster" logo on the back takes the biscuit...that will get a salute rather than just a thumbs up if any of us see you on the road!
The logo is there more for recoginition than anything else :D May move it somewhere else now i have debadged.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That looks great. How did you apply the paint? Does it come as a spray?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodds98 said:
Yeah, spray can from halfords. Used grey plastic primer first.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Candy Monster said:
dodds98 said:
I know you mentioned it in the other thread, but is the "tool" you used the same one? If so where can you get it from? (do you have a link?) Also, your custom GT mats where did you get them from, really dont want to pay VW dealer prices. cheers ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imitebeurda said:
Candy Monster said:
dodds98 said:
I know you mentioned it in the other thread, but is the "tool" you used the same one? If so where can you get it from? (do you have a link?) Also, your custom GT mats where did you get them from, really dont want to pay VW dealer prices. cheers ;)
The mats weren't really any cheaper than dealers but way better quality and look. About £65 from autostyle http://www.autostyle.co.uk/

There is a thread on here with loads of pics from when i first had them fitted (first roc they did - think i spoke to a guy called Peter). Really good service, cant recommend them enough. We bought some for mum's black roc too. here's the link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=220

The trim removal tool I used is an OEM volvo one. I bought it from ebay. There is a link in the R32 trim guide thread.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Candy Monster said:
dodds98 said:
Cheers mate. May have to give it go when I finally get my Roc.,

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
dodds98 said:
Candy Monster said:
dodds98 said:
Cheers mate. May have to give it go when I finally get my Roc.,
I'm just hoping the big VW god in the sky is taking notes of this and all other mods that people are making to improve the car. The hopefully they will incorporate them all into the next gen/special edition and I cna just buy one off the shelf and save myself the time. ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Le_Savage said:
I'm just hoping the big VW god in the sky is taking notes of this and all other mods that people are making to improve the car. The hopefully they will incorporate them all into the next gen/special edition and I cna just buy one off the shelf and save myself the time. ;)
I'd have happily pait a few hundred quid more for alu dash trim, the painted bits, alloy pedals and decent mats. I guess others aren't so piccy though, hence some modification is needed :roll:

The studie R20 concept has A pieces (this is my name for them :lol: ) to match the door grabs. Though i found this out after painting mine. They are shaped more like the door graps too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought you guys might like some better pictures...

the first one is probably best representation. Got in the car this morning at the match actually looks spot on! Well chuffed :clap:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sciroccorocket said:
looks amazing, i got in to this morning and it now looks pants thanks for that cm :lol:
Sorry, my bad! :lol:

I think i now have to do it all over again on my mums roc. It now looks plain inside stood next to mine :(

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Candy Monster said:
sciroccorocket said:
looks amazing, i got in to this morning and it now looks pants thanks for that cm :lol:
Sorry, my bad! :lol:

I think i now have to do it all over again on my mums roc. It now looks plain inside stood next to mine :(
yeah i know the feeling dont rub it in :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts