Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, some of you may have noticed on Ryan's post about selling his car that he has painted the plastic inserts on the rear seats. I thought it looked pretty cool (See below)

...and was wanting to do mine in the same "mercedes silver" as I did the a-frames (a-la-candy monster) Ryan tells me that the rear inserts just come apart with a bit of force, however I am having a bit of difficulty getting them off and dont want to force them and break them. Has anyone else removed these or has pics of how they come apart??

·
Registered
99 Posts
pat what company are doing them. Cos i'm interested in getting a few things done, and if you dont mine me asking-roughly how much are they charging?

·
Registered
508 Posts
im getting the rear seat inserts, dash strips, door handle inserts, triangle pillars (under dash), centre console and air vents done, I THINK.
as stated, i don't pick the car up till wednesday. when i get it i will be taking some pictures and doing some serious photoshopping to make sure im not over-doing it.

ive got a couple of people i've contacted/looking to contact. they are:
http://www.classiccarservices.co.uk/private.html
http://www.plush-automotive.com/index.htm

both are in leicester and have really good reputations.
im not sure on how much things will cost as i don't know what i want exactly, again because i've not lived with the car yet...
things could go from a few coloured inserts to a full retrim of the seats and headlining etc. we'll see how it goes and i'll post lots of piccies!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Pat,

Also picking mine up from Leicesster as you know tomorrow. How are you sleeping I feel like a kid about to be let loose in a candy shop.

Look forward to the developments on the interior plastics, keep us posted. I am definitely interest in doing something!

Hope everything goes smooth for us both tomorrow!

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeh your picking yours up a bit earlier than mine. i have to wait 18 hourse wheras you only have to wait 14!
yeh i really cant wait. i dont ever remember wanting something sooo badly. i dont even think i was like this when i was a kid at christmas lol.
yeh we're in a bit of an interior modding heartland. is the first thing on my list of things to do. it will be just a case of budget and who to choose!

·
Registered
372 Posts
imitebeurda said:
was wanting to do mine in the same "mercedes silver" as I did the a-frames (a-la-candy monster) Ryan tells me that the rear inserts just come apart with a bit of force, however I am having a bit of difficulty getting them off and dont want to force them and break them. Has anyone else removed these or has pics of how they come apart??
Haven't really looked at them properly but think they must spilt from the centre if that makes sense, like they are sandwiched around the head rest. If you try taking them out aim the trim removal tool at the underside as this will be less noticable if the get scratched. Dont forget to do a guide ;) :lol:

Will take a proper look tommorrow. I thought about doing the same thing but then thought Ryans looked a bit too much for me. Looking forward to seeing yours in silver :cool:

Gaiter surround trim is next for me but no time to mess about in the next couple of weeks :x

·
Registered
372 Posts
pat15312 said:
yeh we're in a bit of an interior modding heartland. is the first thing on my list of things to do. it will be just a case of budget and who to choose!
Do it yourself Pat! easy! being lazy is no excuse! :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have always said, some things are better left to the pros!
i would much prefer to leave my roc in the hands on somebody who does this sort of thing EVERY DAY
besides if they **** it up, i can make them do it again :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.