Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinkin about things i could do ta my rocco and what do ye think of paintin the calipers red like on a gti

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did my last 2 cars with foliatec (available from halfords). Really good stuff but its a job i hate. Not looking forward to doing it again. Will take about a day to do if you do it properly (at least 3 coats).

hear are some pics of the brakes on my mini....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
372 Posts
turbo said:
ya looks well alright when u have urs done vee_dubber_h can ya throw up some pics 2 c how it turns out

another question do ya use primer

is tis the stuff 2 use link here
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65495#dtab
Nope thats not the stuff. It's made by a company called foliatec, here's a link...
http://www.foliatecshop.co.uk/caliperpaint/

It is available in halfords, although getting harder to find. You can also buy it online. Costs around £20-25 but is really good stuff. No primer is needed and the kit includes the caliper cleaning spray and enough paint to do all the calipers a few times over. Finishes nicely with no streaks too and very glossy, just don't use alloy wheel cleaner as it can take the shine off. No laquer is needed either, the hardener just mixes into the paint. Get some big 5 spokes and you can wash the calipers once their painted to keep them looking brand spanking new :D

hope this helps

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for all the info will b one of the first jobs on my list when i get the car

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well went into halfords 2day and that foliatec stuff is not in there and then went onto the link above and when i wanted 2 sign up they only have england and i want ireland sent them an email and nothing back yet

would hammerite paint do the job at all

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha thanks boy thats how i will have 2 buy them might do it soon as car is comin in 2 weeks

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Yeah Hammerite it good stuff better than calibre paint, as long as you treat it like calibre paint, to be honest its just the same its only strong thick good wear and tear paint...
However with the price tag and the exclusiveness the Roc holds i'd get it done b the Pro's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Flux said:
Yeah Hammerite it good stuff better than calibre paint, as long as you treat it like calibre paint, to be honest its just the same its only strong thick good wear and tear paint...
However with the price tag and the exclusiveness the Roc holds i'd get it done b the Pro's.
Thats good advice, best to get them stove enammeld, I had mine done on an Alfa Spider and they never chipped or lost there shine. cost a few bob but worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts