Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folk's,

Howz it goin, Steve Fae Scotland here again...

Has anyone had any issues/problems with theirs Scirocco's paintwork? eg:

I have a Salsa Red car ( Non Metallic) and it scratches extremely easy, even if I'm trying to get bugs off whilst the car is wet using a decent sponge? Also the car has been 'Supaguarded'since new, but It doesn't seem up to the standar of my wifes old TT ( The Supaguard that is).

Has anyone had similar issues, either with 'Flat'colours or Metallic??? :?

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Yeh mate, I have a slasa red too. Scratches like crazy, I have polished it and even used the "colour polishes" that take scratches out, and to no effect. Am seriously considering "claying the car as this will definetely help (although it is a lot of work) and then diamond-briting the car. I suppose it is the cross we have to bear for haiving the coolest colour of roc!! ;) ;) :D :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate,

I agree it is a FAB colour due to the fact you hardly see the rear light clusters, which make the back-end even more like 'Jenny From The Block' Arse... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Not so much a problem but mines black so it shows every scratch and stone chip as you would expect.

If they made it in a stone chip colour i'd probably buy it as they annoy me so much.

Thinking about it i think they do. Opal i think they call it....

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
kianok said:
Not so much a problem but mines black so it shows every scratch and stone chip as you would expect.

If they made it in a stone chip colour i'd probably buy it as they annoy me so much.

Thinking about it i think they do. Opal i think they call it....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes opal is a stone

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
davedavison said:
yeah...tbh honest red always swirls..a valeter mate of mine once told me why..but i cant remember...sorry
had a black golf too mk5 gti...lovely colour...but man what a pain in the arse to keep shiney

never again :lol:
i was told the pigment in red is soft,

·
Registered
412 Posts
redevil said:
Hi Folk's,

Howz it goin, Steve Fae Scotland here again...

Has anyone had any issues/problems with theirs Scirocco's paintwork? eg:

I have a Salsa Red car ( Non Metallic) and it scratches extremely easy, even if I'm trying to get bugs off whilst the car is wet using a decent sponge? Also the car has been 'Supaguarded'since new, but It doesn't seem up to the standar of my wifes old TT ( The Supaguard that is).

Has anyone had similar issues, either with 'Flat'colours or Metallic??? :?

Cheers Steve
it was most probably vw who scratched your paint-work when they applied the superguard, they completely wrecked mine while applying it!

·
Registered
618 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
davedavison said:
yeah...tbh honest red always swirls..a valeter mate of mine once told me why..but i cant remember...sorry
had a black golf too mk5 gti...lovely colour...but man what a pain in the arse to keep shiney

Is salsa red single stage paint or clear over base?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Andy said:
sciroccorocket said:
davedavison said:

It's a solid colour so single stage I believe. Think that's why solid colours don't cost extra as opposed to metallics and pearlescent finishes.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
well my paint has been just fine so far, (i diamond brighted it myself and use a microfiber washing mit and the two bucket method), unil yesterday i had to scrub a stubborn bug splat bu**er me if the paint is now scrached it looked like id used a brillo pad, so last night was spent t-cutting and re applying the the diamond brite, its better but not perfect, i have always kept my cars in first class condition and this has realy pi****me off, come on VW your a premiun brand get some premium paint :x

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I agree here, the paint quality on recent VW's has been lower than previously. My black Rocco has a couple of swirls, but it was an ex demo so has seen the harsh hand of the forecourt valeter on a few occasions. Since I had it has not been too bad, a few chips and a few new swirls ( I also use 2 bucket and microfibre) but have still to remove the worst of the bug wars from t'other weekend. The wife has a 58 plate ran which seems to be holding up pretty well but neither of them compare to my old Mk IV Golf which had excellent paint resilience to swirling and marking, although one bodyshop did comment that the golf seemed to have been given a pretty hefty lacquer coat which might have been it's secret.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Le_Savage said:
I agree here, the paint quality on recent VW's has been lower than previously. My black Rocco has a couple of swirls, but it was an ex demo so has seen the harsh hand of the forecourt valeter on a few occasions. Since I had it has not been too bad, a few chips and a few new swirls ( I also use 2 bucket and microfibre) but have still to remove the worst of the bug wars from t'other weekend. The wife has a 58 plate ran which seems to be holding up pretty well but neither of them compare to my old Mk IV Golf which had excellent paint resilience to swirling and marking, although one bodyshop did comment that the golf seemed to have been given a pretty hefty lacquer coat which might have been it's secret.
the paint on my 06 Golf was as hard as nails, it was traded in after just at over 2.1/2 years old totally un marked, i dont think the roc will be the same
that gets me thinking if nails are so hard why do the always bend when i use them :?:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
davedavison said:
oh dont...your hurting me...i aint got a single mark on my roc yet...dont wanna find one under detailing this weekend though :? :?
DD... you have 2 chances, and no it's not what you're thinking. I was going to say either don't do it, or do it with your eyes shut. :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Andy said:
sciroccorocket said:
davedavison said:

I believe it is clear over base

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.