Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I did not get my roc fitted with parking sensors.

I am now considering it as visibility is poor, just wondering, how people have found them.

Useful?

Annoying?

Do you have the ability to turn them off?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 'roc is not a long car, so parking it is pretty easy. However the sensors can do nothing but help you. I've got an unwritten rule as to where I park my car in my work car park. I like to tuck it into the corner as tight as I can out the way. Everyone knows thats where I park, so everyone leaves me the space to park there. The sensors are always handy when parking up as I know I've got about a foot or two left when the tone becomes constant.

They are useful, and I'm glad I specced them, but I wouldnt miss them if I didnt have them as I'm a pretty good parker-upper.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just remember a retrofit does not link to the on-screen driver display (which I think makes factory fit sensors a much better buy).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if i get vw to fit them, all the functions that come with factory fit will not be included, what kind of sham is this

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got factory sensors and have the onscreen display, but can't really say i look at the screen when i'm going backwards! Not a massive miss if you don't have the screen display, although it's always nice to have as many features as possible :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have currently ordered mine without the factory parking sensors but thinking of changing my mind: What exactly does the 'on screen display' actually show?

(PS Shame you cant have a camera hidden behind the VW badge like on the mk6 Golf)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zarger,

Thanks for the link mate but typically I found it myself AFTER I did my post last night! Have now decided to go with them after seeing Rehmondo's excellent picture + description.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts