Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advice to stop people clashing there doors off the lovely roc in car parks or even resting there trolleys on the roc because thats what happend to me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Park as far away as possible, in the dim corners of the car park where nobody else goes..

not that it bloody matters, i parked at the top end of asda car park in nottingham yesterday, nobody there, came back and there was one either side and one behind...WTF???
 
G

·
I alway park in the biggest space available or as far away from anyone as I can yet still some [email protected] managed to put a 10" crease down the middle of my door.

I feel your pain but unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about stupid thoughtless people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
I totally agree and it is a big problem, I alway park as far from the shop, exit or wherever the masses are trying to get to. I have also come back to find cars parked both sides with not another car for 5-20 spaces... what's that all about, are they sent to test me???
I do also look out for spaces on the end of rows to halve the chances of a twat dooring (or trolleying my motor. Finally if at all possible I will sometime straddle 2 spaces but only if there is plenty of spaces available. The ultimate solution is not to park in supermarket car parks at all, use the wifes car or shop online and spend the time and money saved (from the paint job) enjoying the car down the lanes :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree the other car is a roger rover 25 i'll take that.some idiot said to me that if you can afford a vw you can afford to get little bumps and scrapes fixed.
this is what we have to deal with
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
And we must not forget that you can easily be hemmed in in today's pint sized parking slots, you do need a fair amount of space to open the Roc doors in order to get in or out in an orderly fashion :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
I take up two spaces; one for the car and one for my ego :D

Coincidently I pulled up outside my dads chippie tonight, parked next to a Mini - the only space that was available, I was bang straight in the middle of the space. When the woman that owned the Mini came out, she started shaking her head as if I had blocked her in. I felt like going outside and saying to the stupid cow to park straight next time - proper cow, failed to realise it was her own fault or maybe she was just pissed off that her Mini looked a pile of crap next to the gleaming Candy White Scirocco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
rehmondo said:
I take up two spaces; one for the car and one for my ego :D

Coincidently I pulled up outside my dads chippie tonight, parked next to a Mini - the only space that was available, I was bang straight in the middle of the space. When the woman that owned the Mini came out, she started shaking her head as if I had blocked her in. I felt like going outside and saying to the stupid cow to park straight next time - proper cow, failed to realise it was her own fault or maybe she was just pissed off that her Mini looked a pile of crap next to the gleaming Candy White Scirocco.
haha yea definately the second reason, minis are so common im so glad i didnt buy one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I would advise parking in a space that is up hill (if possible), up wind and far away from trolley parks.
Not that long ago I saw a trolley getting blown past me :shock: (i had just come out and got into my car) by the wind into the side of a lovely blue R32 sitting infront of me. Luckily it somehow didn't appear to do any damage but that tought me the lesson of gradients in carparks, wind and trolleys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Gazb said:
I would advise parking in a space that is up hill (if possible), up wind and far away from trolley parks.
Not that long ago I saw a trolley getting blown past me :shock: (i had just come out and got into my car) by the wind into the side of a lovely blue R32 sitting infront of me. Luckily it somehow didn't appear to do any damage but that tought me the lesson of gradients in carparks, wind and trolleys.
Same goes for parking in or near disabled bays as a run away wheel chair can do quite a lot of damage to a shiny new rocco, especially if it's loaded!!! you have been warned :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
I park my cars when new (keep it going for a number of years) as far away as poss and take 2 spaces everyone is lazy these days so they all park as near as poss failing that it's quiet when I go so park in the mother & child space = more room ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I always park in the mother and child spaces now, if anyone says anything i'll just have to borrow one of my sisters kids everytime i go shopping, i mean when the girlfriend goes shopping, not me :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
i allways buy two cars at the same time when i bought the roc i also bought a basic polo for going shopping in sounds mad spending 8k just to go shopping but my sciroccos safe on the drive at home, only problem is it pisses the kids having to go in the polo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
i allways buy two cars at the same time when i bought the roc i also bought a basic polo for going shopping in sounds mad spending 8k just to go shopping but my sciroccos safe on the drive at home, only problem is it pisses the kids having to go in the polo
It is a good idea and I also nearly brought a basic polo once but borrowed the mother in laws for a spell when they were in Oz and left it on our drive and quite frankly is was just awful, now I just use home delivery to avoid the issue entirely. Although the wife does still go to the Supermarket but has the Ran and the kids so always parks in 'those' spaces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
i allways buy two cars at the same time when i bought the roc i also bought a basic polo for going shopping in sounds mad spending 8k just to go shopping but my sciroccos safe on the drive at home, only problem is it pisses the kids having to go in the polo
It is a good idea and I also nearly brought a basic polo once but borrowed the mother in laws for a spell when they were in Oz and left it on our drive and quite frankly is was just awful, now I just use home delivery to avoid the issue entirely. Although the wife does still go to the Supermarket but has the Ran and the kids so always parks in 'those' spaces.
hmmmm why didnt i think of home delivery ??????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
My theory is lazy people cant be arsed to work hard and thus drive crappy cars which they dont care about. For the same reason (laziness) they park as close to the supermarket as possible so I always park as far away from the shop as possible, up hill if its not a level car park and in a bay where someone can only park on one side of the car (50% chance of a ding in the door). Im in yorkshire at the mo studying but once i'm back to commuting in to london on the train i'll be buying a banger as a station car! Cost me £70 to get a dent removed from my mini the last time around.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top