Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure whether its meant to be like this or my Roc has a part missing. Earlier this evening I was fitting my alloy pedals when I notice that underneath the drivers seat (front edge of seat) there is what appears to be a piece of black polystyrene.

I thought to myself that it looked a bit odd anyway but then I noticed that in the same postion on the passengers side there is a piece of plastic covering this.

So is it just really bad design or do I have a part missing?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noticed this exact same thing when I did my pedal caps, I would be interested to hear what others have :!:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Merlin Cloth on mine :!:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Phil, I just looked at mine (with leather) and there is nothing under the front of the seat, the leather folds under and is fixed but apart from that the space is empty. In fact I was surprised as normally there is a finishing trim or something that goes there, but on the rocco... just a big (well not very) empty space with the exception of the wiring for the seat heaters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, maybe we pointed you in the wrong area, look on the carpet under the drivers seat, a black polystyrene block covering cabling, on the passengers side carpet in the same place, a plastic cover over the same area. :?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to hear I'm not the only one. But I think it looks rubbish and worst of all I went to my dealer this morning for another issue and asked about this. They checked a Roc they had in the showroom and it was the same. They then also check the parts list on the system and apparently nothing to be seen there either. Gonna keep me informed if any come in that due have some sort of cover.

Not too happy though as it looks like it can be damaged quite easily.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just had another gander at mine, and looked under the seat at the floor area and no exposed anything... all I can see is the wiring for the hot seats and nothing else, the carpet is cut to fit the lumps and bumps. Maybe i'm still not looking in the right spot... anyone care to post a pic??

·
Registered
90 Posts
A strange omission seeing as the drivers seat is the one that gets most use, I shall not worry but if you ever hear of a cover or something to hide it, please let me know :idea:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
phill1101 said:
Sorry, maybe we pointed you in the wrong area, look on the carpet under the drivers seat, a black polystyrene block covering cabling, on the passengers side carpet in the same place, a plastic cover over the same area. :?
I just had a 3rd look after re-reading your description and my cabling is encassed in a black plastic mesh which goes up to the seat and down into the hole in carpet. Is this the cable you are referring to, if so then defo no black poly block. Or maybe you are referring to the additional (seat belt sensor etc) up under the seat which is primarily exposed... but still no black poly block... .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmmm :eh: in that case what is it, why is not in yours but i mine and phill's and what can I do about covering it?

I would post a pic but I don't know how.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a thought. Could it be something for the phone prep? I've just noticed that Phill has it, as do I. What about you Le_Savage?

·
Registered
90 Posts
We need more people to check their cars for this please :?:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your help folks. Think I'm gonna have to find someone who could maybe fit some carpet or something over the top of it. Don't like it one bit now I know its there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.