Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does it really take 7 days? Thats what i'm being quoted on top of an already late delivery! :-(

·
Registered
169 Posts
What should one expect for the duration of a PDI? What do they actually do?

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Indeed - that was my feeling. When the leasing company are saying to me its going to take a further 7 days I was like "errm, 7 days for what exactly"!

I'll continue to push them and see if they cant move on there 7 day allocation!

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol!

The thing is that they just wont commit to a date for anything - Im not worried if its two weeks down the line, I just want them to set my expectations. Right now they have "slipped" on the delivery date no less that three times :-( Some realistic expectations would be nice as Id rather sit here and wait patiently than get all excited and have my hopes dashed time and time again!

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like you need to find out where in the process the car is. The dealer is probabaly advising the leasing company by an automated system which they will have to update as the date approaches. If you can find out where the car is then you have a better chance of guessing how realistic the delivery date is - if it is still on the production line, in transport, at dealer etc. PDI would only take 2-3 hours, often setting up onward transport can be the issue if your not collecting it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Right now they are saying it'll be with the dealer on the 29th... then 7 days for PDI :-(

One would imagine that puts it in transit someplace - perhaps on a boat?

Cheers, Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.