Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen a pedal upgrade on the Scirocco as yet, Does anyone know if the stainless steel kit available for the MK5 Golf will fit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
As Andy said a lot of people have done it already, both variations can be done (Manual and DSG), I have the pedals done on mine (DSG), when doing it for the DSG models, the foot rest doesn't change, however you can buy a 3rd party one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
im gettin them pedals with the sports pack

·
Registered
153 Posts
rehmondo said:
As Andy said a lot of people have done it already, both variations can be done (Manual and DSG), I have the pedals done on mine (DSG), when doing it for the DSG models, the foot rest doesn't change, however you can buy a 3rd party one.
Any details on the 3rd party dead pedal Rehmondo?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just google "golf aluminium pedal dsg", you'll find some examples...

·
Registered
252 Posts
JaseW said:
is the dead pedal the same size as in the mkV Golf then?
I would say yes but please confirm with your local dealer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've figured out the deal pedal is only for LHD cars!

I did find this however, although it is pricey at £68 just for the dead pedal!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Update, just bought one of these... but with just 'GT' text

just need the normal pedal set now.. oh and a Scirocco :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great, where did you get it from?

Is that defo the right one? Just that it looks to have a curve like the mk IV Golf, I'd expect a straight footrest as per the one a few posts above.

*Edit - I scouted around a few peoples pics to check out the footrest shape and that does look like it will be the one - great stuff! I managed to find one on Ebay too with a choice of GTI, GT, R32 etc for the plate. Maybe that's yet another part I'll buy before the actual car arrives!

·
Registered
454 Posts
*Edit - I scouted around a few peoples pics to check out the footrest shape and that does look like it will be the one - great stuff! I managed to find one on Ebay too with a choice of GTI, GT, R32 etc for the plate. Maybe that's yet another part I'll buy before the actual car arrives![/quote]

Polts 23

Any chance you can send me the link to save me hours of searching - I am getting my pedals and cills done next week but there is no foot rest in the kit and it needs to be changed with the rest. PM me if you need to .

Many thanks in advance

Roc On!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi LCM, as it happens I'd found the same one that JaseW listed above, £25 Buy it Now + £2 P&P. Just need to spec that you want GT.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just hold on buying....

I'm speaking with the guy to arrange a group buy!

** UPDATE **

Group buy arranged, see Market section for new thread

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, I'll be in :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought one of these from the very helpful guy on ebay. Just to clarify, you need the one for the Mk5 golf not the Mk 4 that the link above takes you to.

Easy job to fit, though the bolts supplied were substituted for some self-tapping screws as no way I could find to get at the rear of the plastic moulding! Just waiting for the rest of the pedals and some premium sills to arrive now :p

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Sorry if I appear a bit slow today but am I right in thinking then that the 3 pedals AND the footrest are a straight swap for the mkV golf ones??

·
Registered
372 Posts
the osir footrest has the rubber inserts, which i think is better. i read somewhere (possibly here or scirocco central)that it can be bought for £45 through ukmkvs website as they has a group buy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts