Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only problem is when they have been there for a few days, in the sun rain wont do it Scotty :D Ive some that I think the neighbour has actually welded to my bumper (although not sure you could weld a fly :wtf: )

·
Registered
172 Posts
A method I have found which always works for me is to soak the area thoroughly, possibly several times (don't put a power hose near it otherwise you may break the paintwork). This will soften them and then use your shampoo as normal :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
scottyroc said:
Hi,

i took a nice long summers day drive out to skegness on tuesday, when i got home i noticed i could'nt see my number plate and front end for flys, but it was 9pm and i was shattered, so no chance of cleaning straight away,

wednesday i'd got alot of driving to do, up and down the motorway all day in the pouring rain, when i got home at 7 in the evening, i noticed that every single fly had been washed off...amazing job...

so forget all the fancy cleaners, just go for a quick drive in the rain...
do you have to hit 88MPH like in back to the future :?:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've always found spit works best. I think it's the enzymes which break down the amino acids or protein or something in the flies' bodies - not sure if that's how it works (the only way to tell is actually to eat a fly I suppose). Just work the spit in and then rub the lot off. :sick:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.