Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that is quite annoying is the phone option in the car, and the fact it does not work.

Has anyone found a method or something that makes this work

·
Registered
252 Posts
martinjrose said:
One thing that is quite annoying is the phone option in the car, and the fact it does not work.

Has anyone found a method or something that makes this work
Did you order bluetooth prep? If not then the phone button will only look pretty and do nothing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no well, it never got offered to me.

When the car got handed over she was like its just a button to fill in, as the sirocco does not support it.

Has anyone asked for it in their car

The only thing they can offer me now is parrot blue tooth

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had the parrot evo kit fitted by the dealers with the steering wheel interface fitted as a option, the steering wheel controls work with this kit and there are no visable control units. It works well for a entry level unit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my car went into the garage today, i have been told they can fit the parrot kit but they cannot give me steering wheel interface, it only comes with a small screen

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have also just called motorhead, they are based in by Bristol unfortunate, but they said they would be able to get the bluetooth working using all the button and on screen with touch just like factory, but they are so far away, does anyone know somebody like this in London

·
Registered
11 Posts
[Does the Evo work with the factory headunit? Number display etc/quote]
no, just the phone symbol in the corner of the head unit,i only use the system with the voice activation but as a entry level unit it works welland the buttons on the s/wheel now work,its one of my pet hates buttons that dont work lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I buy an Evo for my Roc (delivered in March) what do I need to buy to get it working as you descibe? Part numbers if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
you would need a parrot ck3000 evolution and a parrot multican, ask the fitter (if not fitting yourself) to hide the keypad control behind the dash(its only a small control pad).You then have no visable controls or wires the only part you will see is the microphone, mine is by my rear view mirror.After setting up the unit you press the phone symbol on the s/wheel, speak the persons name you wish to talk to and away you go, to hang up press phone button again.On incoming calls the stereo will mute and the name of the caller will be spoken as long as you have put there name in the memory ,press phone button to answer.I paid £175 fitted at my local vw dealer.I only use my roc at weekends so this system suited my needs and my pocket it also did away with the need for any display units, hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
simmytt said:
you would need a parrot ck3000 evolution and a parrot multican, ask the fitter (if not fitting yourself) to hide the keypad control behind the dash(its only a small control pad).You then have no visable controls or wires the only part you will see is the microphone, mine is by my rear view mirror.After setting up the unit you press the phone symbol on the s/wheel, speak the persons name you wish to talk to and away you go, to hang up press phone button again.On incoming calls the stereo will mute and the name of the caller will be spoken as long as you have put there name in the memory ,press phone button to answer.I paid £175 fitted at my local vw dealer.I only use my roc at weekends so this system suited my needs and my pocket it also did away with the need for any display units, hope this helps.
That is fantastic. Thanks

I will be fitting it myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
on the set up menu when you add contact you bluetooth the number off your phone to the parrot,when prompted you speak the name of the person and it is stored(hope that makes sence). You can use up to 3 different phones.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
BigDawgBaker said:
Sweet Jesus!! Pay someone else to do this, I would not wanna f**k about that much in a new car.
Lol I agree

FYI in the Scirocco I think there is space in the centre console to house the bluetooh module, therefore you won't need to lift the carpets and put it under the drivers seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts