Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Further to this please feel free to contact me if looking for new stock, as part of Inchcape PLC we have 26 Volkswagen garages all of which carry new scirocco stock & demonstrators. If you give me a spec you're being told isn't available I'll try my best to locate stock for you. Used is more challanging at the moment but we do have access to a few cars you can't see on the internet so always worth getting in contact.

Jon
[email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
business manager said:
Further to this please feel free to contact me if looking for new stock, as part of Inchcape PLC we have 26 Volkswagen garages all of which carry new scirocco stock & demonstrators. If you give me a spec you're being told isn't available I'll try my best to locate stock for you. Used is more challanging at the moment but we do have access to a few cars you can't see on the internet so always worth getting in contact.

Jon
[email protected]
Looks like you will be seeing my car sometime soon. My company use In-Drive, which is part of you lot, to sort out the company car scheme, we order it through you lot I am told.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Absolutely in-drive is inchcape IFS company. That goes through VW swindon for personal stuff come to me. I will make sure scirocconet users get a good deal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
business manager said:
Absolutely in-drive is inchcape IFS company. That goes through VW swindon for personal stuff come to me. I will make sure scirocconet users get a good deal.
Forget the deal, can you pull the strings to get the cars?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of pre-registered cars (deduct VAT from the official OTR price, then negotiate based on spec and mileage...).

Last month, Listers as a group were selling R32 Golfs for £5k less than list....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lets put this in perspective:

There are 7 "demonstrators" for sale within 40 minutes drive (and 2 VW dealerships) of where I live (all specced to the hilt).

If this is replicated across the UK, when your sales exec says there's a waiting list / high demand, it would be worth questioning the number of 'pre-registered' cars that they can access though the VW network...

·
Registered
454 Posts
CorradoSpy said:
I'm seeing a lot of pre-registered cars (deduct VAT from the official OTR price, then negotiate based on spec and mileage...).

Last month, Listers as a group were selling R32 Golfs for £5k less than list....
Citygate Watford are offering the R32 at £7,500 off list price!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Most garages have 2 demonstrators one to fulfill the niche demonstrator requirement for Volkswagen and another one to drive around in. The niche demonstrators are not supposed to be sold in the first 3 months from registration.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
business manager said:
Most garages have 2 demonstrators one to fulfill the niche demonstrator requirement for Volkswagen and another one to drive around in. The niche demonstrators are not supposed to be sold in the first 3 months from registration.
Is that why there always seems to be so many advertised for sale in the dealer network or are these other stock cars?

·
Registered
484 Posts
they are the demo models its the same in ireland every dealership would have 2 demo cars of new cars that are out there is a black diesel and white 2 litre in my garage that i work in

·
Registered
16 Posts
business manager said:
2 garages, 7 cars - all of which are registered to the garage (and a couple of which have done 6 months mileage already).

I think sales are a bit flat...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, the dealership where I had a test drive before Christmas has been in touch to try and make a sale. They were keen to sell a car that isn't already a demo/pre-reg, and offered to find my chosen spec in the system.

I specified a Rising Blue GT with manual box, leather, satnav and winterpack (and would look favourably at other items).

In less than 1 hour they came back with 3 un-registered cars all of which could be delivered within a month...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It could just be that dealers have all met the initial demand and now they actually have to try to sell the cars like every other dealer rather than customers coming to them with their wallets open.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts