Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placing my order tomorrow guys just wish it could be here in about a week rather than 12-14 :cry: , but I know it'll be worth the wait :woohoo:
Spec as below:
2.0 Tsi GT
Candy White
Flat Tyre Indicator
Xenon Lights
!9" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Folding Door Mirrors
Front & Rear Mats

Have shopped around around and around till I feel dizzy lol :rolleyes2: , doing the deal with VW in Campsie. Guy has been very helpful and friendly. Now just have to start counting down the days until it arrives :hide:
Thanks to everyone here for all the ideas and opinions. Think I'm also going for the badge deletion and when the car arrives getting the dealer to paint the brake calipers either red or blue. Will see if the 19's bring the car much closer to the arches when it arrives, if not will probably get it lowered as well. If anyone has photo's of painted calipers would like to see them (especially in blue) :pictures:
Interested in what you's think of my choice?

·
Registered
412 Posts
are xenons available to order now then? did your dealer mention anything about xenons? how much were the luganos?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
donnie darko said:
are xenons available to order now then? did your dealer mention anything about xenons? how much were the luganos?
Yea xenon's available donnie, my dealer got his boss to phone the factory (or someone he know's is connected to the factory) and they said if the order was placed now there should be no problem with xenon's, they cost £860 and the 19" wheel upgrade was £615

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Nice list of options there!! Yeh the 19's will definetely help fill the arches a bit but I think you will have to also consider a set of springs. The H&M lower it 35mm all round, I thought this was a bit much for every day use and practicallity (speed bumps and multi-story car parks!! :roll: ) so I went with the eibach-pro kit, 30mm at the rear and 20mm at the front. I also went for 19's but felt the width of the rear arches required a staggered set of rear wheels to fill them a bit better.

Standard Wheels and suspension.............

19 staggered wheels and lowered suspension.....

Hope that helps...

P.S. I also think the fact that with the eibach kit the rear sits a bit lower it gives the car a more "level" appearance which I think adds to the "sporty" stance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imitebeurda said:
Nice list of options there!! Yeh the 19's will definetely help fill the arches a bit but I think you will have to also consider a set of springs. The H&M lower it 35mm all round, I thought this was a bit much for every day use and practicallity (speed bumps and multi-story car parks!! :roll: ) so I went with the eibach-pro kit, 30mm at the rear and 20mm at the front. I also went for 19's but felt the width of the rear arches required a staggered set of rear wheels to fill them a bit better.

Standard Wheels and suspension.............

19 staggered wheels and lowered suspension.....

Hope that helps...

P.S. I also think the fact that with the eibach kit the rear sits a bit lower it gives the car a more "level" appearance which I think adds to the "sporty" stance.
It does mate, looks really really well. Do you think it affects the comfort with the lowered suspension, always thought if lowering a car it might leave it that you feel every bump on the road. 35m prob would be too low as you say for speed bumps etc. Will see what the car looks like when it arrives, (long way away yet unfortunately) I'd imagine if there's still a big gap between the top of the tyre and the arch an Eibach kit will be on order. How much did you pay for the kit and where did you purchase if it's not an ignorant question, does the kit just come with springs or is that coilovers as well (don't really know what coilovers are just heard them mentioned here on the forum)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MRKJM said:
It does mate, looks really really well. Do you think it affects the comfort with the lowered suspension, always thought if lowering a car it might leave it that you feel every bump on the road. 35m prob would be too low as you say for speed bumps etc. Will see what the car looks like when it arrives, (long way away yet unfortunately) I'd imagine if there's still a big gap between the top of the tyre and the arch an Eibach kit will be on order. How much did you pay for the kit and where did you purchase if it's not an ignorant question, does the kit just come with springs or is that coilovers as well (don't really know what coilovers are just heard them mentioned here on the forum)
No, the eibach kit and 19's IMHO doesnt really affect the ride. In sport mode you notice it a wee bit, but in comfort there is no difference at all. The eibach-pro kit is just the springs. I didnt want to go for coilovers (spring and shock absorber) as I didnt want to mess about with the adaptive chassis system (ACS), also I felt sport mode and the springs was a hard enough ride for me, at the end of the day it is an everyday car for me and a family car. If it was just a bit of fun for the weekend and shows I might have "slammed it to the floor" as was suggested to me, but really Im happy with the result. The eibach-pro kit was purchased and fitted by the Car Care Centre in lisburn. My local tuning shop, I know the guys in there and they arent too hard to pay. Springs + fitting + VAT total was £289. Springs I think are circa £150ish, you can buy them on nicheconversions for circa £175 from memory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No bother, if I do decide to fit them I have a mate who is a trainee mechanic (has his head screwed on) I could give him a hand an we could probably fit them between us for buck shee ;) I'd imagine a couple of hours would do it, now that I think on it he fitted a set of lowering springs to his car..

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MRKJM said:
No bother, if I do decide to fit them I have a mate who is a trainee mechanic (has his head screwed on) I could give him a hand an we could probably fit them between us for buck shee ;) I'd imagine a couple of hours would do it, now that I think on it he fitted a set of lowering springs to his car..
Thats you sorted then!! Here is a link to the eibach springs, actually £159.99......

http://www.nicheconversions.com/shop/pr ... =62&man=10

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imitebeurda said:
MRKJM said:
Thats you sorted then!! Here is a link to the eibach springs, actually £159.99......

http://www.nicheconversions.com/shop/pr ... =62&man=10
Cheers lad, was reading 1 of your previous posts I see you have the superchips remap done 2, another thing I might be interested in though where do you stop :lol: also see if you mention SciroccoNet to Superchips 10% discount is given ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
MRKJM said:
donnie darko said:
Yea xenon's available donnie, my dealer got his boss to phone the factory (or someone he know's is connected to the factory) and they said if the order was placed now there should be no problem with xenon's, they cost £860 and the 19" wheel upgrade was £615
£615! i paid over £2000 for my optional extra sagittas! what the heck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
donnie darko said:
MRKJM said:
donnie darko said:
£615! i paid over £2000 for my optional extra sagittas! what the heck
Was going through my posts Donnie and seen this 1, you paid £2000 extra or £2000 for the wheels? When all was said an done did you have 1 set of wheels or 2? If only 1 doubt you where well stroked... :eh:

·
Registered
412 Posts
you can get the pro-kit from this site for £136 http://www.eibach-uk.com/ click on the online shop bit.there is a eibach.co.uk, is this eibach-uk one genuine?

·
Registered
412 Posts
MRKJM said:
Was going through my posts Donnie and seen this 1, you paid £2000 extra or £2000 for the wheels? When all was said an done did you have 1 set of wheels or 2? If only 1 doubt you where well stroked... :eh:
sorry just noticed this post, i paid £2000 all together, but did get the originals alloys too which ive sold for £800

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.