Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help

Just picked up my new white scirocco, could any one advise me what is the best for a white paint finish, car polish or wax? and what type (manuf') to buy.

Many Thanks

ST

·
Registered
302 Posts
cat said:
Help

Just picked up my new white scirocco, could any one advise me what is the best for a white paint finish, car polish or wax? and what type (manuf') to buy.

Many Thanks

ST
First you'll need both never only apply polish you will need a wax to seal it and seeing the car is new you should only need to wax initially, try Collinite 476 it gets very good reviews. I use Collinite 915 on my Celica and will use it on my Scirocco but it is more suited to dark cars try 476 for a white car.

Also worth looking on www.detailingworld.com for tips if your not sure - Autoglym SRP is a well established favourite as a polish once you need it.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
It's a commonly held view that Polish on a white car is a waste of time. I learned this from a couple of detailing forums as my last car was a white TT. You don't get the depth of shine on light colours that you do with dark therefore you don't need a polish.

Just use a good Wax. Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 always worked a treat on my white car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
diamonbright, meguiars tech wax and turtlewax platinum series clear coat worked well on my white one. put a good few layers of wax on so that nothing sticks (tar, bugs etc). you notice every spec on dirt on a white roc but when it is clean it looks awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the recommendations I have received for the best wax for a white paint finish I decided to invest in Meguiars Tech Wax after washing the car and then applying the new wax, the paint work started to peel and flake off and now it's down to the bare metal - any more useful tips ?

I am only joking, its great gear, i would recommend this product.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
cat said:
From the recommendations I have received for the best wax for a white paint finish I decided to invest in Meguiars Tech Wax after washing the car and then applying the new wax, the paint work started to peel and flake off and now it's down to the bare metal - any more useful tips ?

I am only joking, its great gear, i would recommend this product.
:shock: :eek: :? :? .......... :lol: phew......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.