Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing this option listed on some of your cars,but i haven't seen this option available?
Is it a factory option :?:

Poppy
:roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
From the accessories brochure you can choose Premium or Regular Door sills however I'm not 100% sure whether they will be done at the factory if you chose them before your car was made.

I had mine fitted at the dealer once the car arrived, the Aluminium Pedal set is an option available for the Golf and as it can fit the Sirocco again it's something the dealer can do once the car arrives, some people have bought the parts and fitted themselves saving on the dealers labour charges, guides are available here or on Scirccocentral.

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
My dealer didn't charge me for the fitting on the premium sills or the metal pedals. They were fitted before I collected though. I would imagine they would charge you if you had the car already and took it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
This is what I got from the dealer...

Cruise - £160 fitted
Pedals - £88 fitted
Premium Sills - £104 fitted
Premium Mats - Free
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
chr15 said:
£104 fitted? Mine cost me about £80.
I got my car back in October when dealers weren't sure about anything, I don't mind £24 I had it happened 3500 miles ago :D

I saved £50 by getting Cruise retro fitted ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
rehmondo said:
the Aluminium Pedal set is an option available for the Golf and as it can fit the Sirocco
I got my pedals from the accessory brochure. Again, wasn't charged for fitting on arrival of the sills or pedals :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Candy Monster said:
I got my pedals from the accessory brochure.
Good to know VW have done something about this, when I got my car most dealers couldn't answer anything about the Scirocco, all I kept hearing was "VW haven't given us any information" - very frustrating indeed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
rehmondo said:
most dealers couldn't answer anything about the Scirocco, all I kept hearing was "VW haven't given us any information" - very frustrating indeed.
I just downloaded the brochure from the net and gave them part numbers, they could deal with it that way :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Candy Monster said:
rehmondo said:
most dealers couldn't answer anything about the Scirocco, all I kept hearing was "VW haven't given us any information" - very frustrating indeed.
I just downloaded the brochure from the net and gave them part numbers, they could deal with it that way :lol:
I got my car close to 4 months ago, so if it wasn't in the Scirocco accessories brochure back then they "couldn't guarantee it would fit" even though just by looking at pedals you can see they're out of the MK5 parts bin, so the aluminums were going to fit just had to somehow convince the dealers lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Just got quoted the following for supply and fitment of the pedals and door sills:

Premium door sill protectors - £102 fitted
Pedals - £156 fitted

That is scandalous !!! I will be asking what the supply only price is tomorrow. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
just a note if you have this done at PDI most dealers won't charge fitting as they are targeted on the accessory sales

Pre Delivery Inspection for those that don't know - ie the check it has before you receive the vehicle brand new
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I paid 250 quid inc fitting for premium sills / metal pedals / premium leather & alu gearstick (the stick is awesome by the way... lovely feel in the hand & sweet positive short clicky shifts)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
business manager said:
just a note if you have this done at PDI most dealers won't charge fitting as they are targeted on the accessory sales
I don't have the car yet. With prices like these I am thinking about not bothering. That price is terrible. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
shooms said:
I paid 250 quid inc fitting for premium sills / metal pedals / premium leather & alu gearstick (the stick is awesome by the way... lovely feel in the hand & sweet positive short clicky shifts)
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of this premium leather & Al gearstick ? Is this the one with the 'retro' gear knob ?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
If you do a bit of digging around VW tuning sites and ebay you will be able to pick up all these parts for much cheaper. I got sills, and while not VW parts when on the car they are almost identical (chrome with "Scirocco" etched on them) £39 + £19 P&P from Germany. Pedals can be picked up either individually or in sets. Again have seen them varying in price but I would reckon about £75 (roughly) for the three.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top