Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note from the press this morning that Ford and Vauxhall have increased their prices with VW likely to follow. Presume they are resigned to the fact they will be selling far fewer new cars in the UK and are trying to make a bit more on those they do sell (particularly with the current pound/euro exchange rate).
Wonder if those with new Scirocco's on factory order will have to pay extra?

·
Registered
302 Posts
tallguy said:
I note from the press this morning that Ford and Vauxhall have increased their prices with VW likely to follow. Presume they are resigned to the fact they will be selling far fewer new cars in the UK and are trying to make a bit more on those they do sell (particularly with the current pound/euro exchange rate).
Wonder if those with new Scirocco's on factory order will have to pay extra?
I asked this when I ordered and was told price agreed on the day (9th Jan) was what I'd pay even if prices rose - only time will tell :!:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You pay the price agreed at order unless it benefits from tactical support which may not carry over to the next quarter, or if VAT changes. The rumour mill talks of price increases at VW due to exchange rate problems. The last price increase was early as it happened in November when it should have been Jan.

Only time will tell but I agree its not a clever move in this market.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. When you have a product that is not easy to sell you do not normally increase the price! However, I would not mind betting that manufacturers continue to heavily promote new car sales. Suspect VW will protect German over Portuguese jobs so be interesting to see how things go in terms of investment/production at the Scirocco plant.
Also I wonder about the impact of all this on UK retail outlets; clearly some dealers will go out of business in 09 and they will not always be the bad ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts