Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen the new prices for the VW range (incl Scirocco)this morning, I just wonder what planet VW and some other car manufacturers are on? At a time of the worst recession for decades and dramatically falling new car sales what is their strategy?
I hope any manufacturer that increases prices does not get any government or EU (ie taxpayer) assistance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know its annoying but they are a business at the end of the day. Its probably a tough choice for them as they want the sales but as the world currency is on its arse at the moment they can't make the money they need to without putting the prices up. Looking on the website they have not gone up by a lot in my opinion, my car would be about £350 more I think, can't do it exactly as I can't remember how much the Xenon's were and they are not on the list now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the increase is £700 to £800 on the Scirocco depending on the model. I guess all private buyers can do is push for a bit more discount/a bit more on the part-exchange to offset the increase as far as possible.

G

·
When you factor in the VAT rate at the current 15% as appose to 17.5 when i bought mine the same car now costs a grand more!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Tallguy speaks sense especially as the guides have risen for the second month running, bmw and audi in partiular have put on some weight bought an a3 sportback today that rose from 9660 to 10000 which is nice appreciation, 06 plate diesel with 42k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts