Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

We're giving away a VW Scirocco Chronograph Watch which is part of the official 2008 VW Scirocco Collection from Germany.

To be in with a chance of winning it, all you have to do is register on Scirocco Net and make at least one post! The competition is only open to the first 101 registered users, so less me, thats a 1 in 100 chance of winning.

The winner will be contacted shortly after we hit 101 users and will also be posted on here.

We'll have more prizes to give away for future competitions. Any ideas welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does this count as my first post?........... Only jokin. Great site. How about giving away a track day or even an original scirocco?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We actually have a few prizes lined up. I did think about offering an Scirocco 2 but I doubt people have room for it plus the other expenses of running it. A track day however is a good idea! Who knows, maybe one day we can offer a new Scirocco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just collected my new scirocco and to quote "It's bloody brilliant!" Have got to have one of those watches!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Looking forward to getting out of my company car scheme next year and placing my order for a Scirocco. Assuming I haven't been laid off like everyone else by then!

Can't wait to hear details of the R version too, anyone know anything yet? I'd heard it's likely to be a 2 litre turbo and front wheel drive, which is fine. Don't need the added weight of the 4WD for the rare occasions when traction is an issue.

Looking forward to an active forum.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought my TAG F1 Kirium was cool but its lukewarm compared to this watch and would so compliment the car - Am getting mine on Saturday - seems like an eternity away!

Thought my former Golfs (Mk 4 TDI Anniversary & Mk5) were good but the Scirocco is just so planted and together by comparison.

Greatly enjoying the site - keep up the good work!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If i win - its up for grabs immediately!
anyone disappointed that they didnt get it feel free to pm me!

:twisted:

JayR

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had a Scirocco for around 3-4weeks now, 1300 miles , nearly standard, red with winter pack & cruise, thats it, and thats all it needs, oh & 2-new wheels on the N/S as I kerbed them both at over, well 60mph, but hey not too bad priced, so if anyone srapes a wheel call the Scotsman, foa a deal on a refurbished one.
Best car I've had yet, ( Trust me i've had a few) and the bonus, The Wife Luvs It Too.....

Cheers Folks,

Oh, & can I have a watch please for being the first person in UK to order 2-new alloys, & thats official cos I'm getting the first 2 in the country, OOPS!!!!!

Steve Fae Scotland

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
redevil said:
N/S as I kerbed them both at over, well 60mph, but hey not too bad priced
welcome and good effort on the wheel front, that sound of scraping is never great and you wonder whether to look or not, now take it easy(easier)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, Tony, If I get a watch I can count down the time to my next wage after having to buy 2-new alloys..... :roll:

Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
redeveil really needs to watch the kerbs more like ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wifes an Optometrist as well, did it when we were laughing about the time i nearly had her fall off the back of my bike, will I do it again???

TIME will tell ..... :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I take it Redevil has been speeding on the Forfar Bypass - like everyone else in between the speed cameras at the Kirriemuir and Glamis junctions????

This will confuse the hell out of most of you but as an ex Angus lad I know the road very well. No doubt Redevil will let us know his record for the Portlethen bends!! My previous was 135 on a ZX10 which given the amount of time that has elapsed should mean the cops can't prosecute me now!!

Nice work on the Alloys mate my girlfriend has already given my nearsides a minor scuff but not too serious - although the conversation when I noticed was more than a bit serious - lets just say the words blonde, blind and dumb were in the sentence I'll let the rest of you fill in the details. :evil:

I will be back home in Angus for the new year and looking forward to the empty Scottish roads - I did 34 miles today in a record 2 hours 18 minutes with an average speed of 8 mph and 22mpg - don't you just love London!! Must admit though I'm glad I went for the DSG option as it makes this much easier.

Had a few mates spot other Rocs' on the road so there must have been a couple of truckloads delivered recently in and around the capital.

Still getting loads of attention and even had the thumbs up from a 911 driver - for some inexplicable reason I also got a salute from a Z4 driver!!! Weirdo!!!

I was in Dubai at the weekend and spotted a couple of Rocs being driven very fast by some crazy Arabs on the Sheik Zahid motorway. My cab driver was doing 130 kph and a rising blue and a white one driving about three inches apart passed us like we were standing still - so it's good to note that when summer comes the Roc can take the heat.

Roc On

Cheers

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK guys we have passed the 101 registered users. As not everyone has made a post the chances of winning are actually aorund 1 in 50.

Now any ideas how to do the draw or should I leave it to me little niece to pull a name out of a hat?

I will send the winner a message and make an announcement on here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts