Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have had problems so far.

Just interested to know the failure rate

Mine is going back tomorrow for the following

Windscreen wiper smear drivers side
Rattle offside rear
DSG box pulls car forward when starting.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Kianok

Not wanting to tempt fate but so far so good. Just over 3k miles and no problems at all. Key to the whole experience though will be how VW and your specific dealership deal with your issues.

Hopefully your issues will be sorted out quickly and positively - keep us posted on how good/bad they behave.

Roc On!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully Gilders Sheffield will get it sorted since i bought the car from them.

Will let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ur first prob is a wiper arm bent anyway have had a few cars in the garage for that prob

we have had one rocco back in the garage with a abs light on it was 2 front sensors gone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turbo said:
ur first prob is a wiper arm bent anyway have had a few cars in the garage for that prob

we have had one rocco back in the garage with a abs light on it was 2 front sensors gone
Don't want to quote you but is that the problem?

·
Registered
484 Posts
well from what i can remember when that prob comes in its the wiper arm bent easy fix sometimes just put pressure on the middle of the arm and that can sort it not all the time tho

·
Registered
144 Posts
had a dash rattle from new that comes and goes and the premium mats are shedding the velour so will be back to the dealer for a third set!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Kianok,
Just want to know did you ever get your problems sorted by the dealer?
I have 2500km up on my Scirocco and have a rattle coming from the passengers door, Drivers side wiper blade leaves a smudge and makes an annoying squeeking noise also when I accelerate hard my seat slightly moves and makes a cracking sound. Oh and when I open the tailgate using the key sometimes it will not open properly and I have to press tailgate release twice on the key to open it. :?

·
Registered
484 Posts
jesus there is a good few problems poppin up doozer did ya go back 2 hogan and try get them sorted

·
Registered
252 Posts
doozer said:
I have to press tailgate release twice on the key to open it.
I just have to press and hold the button for 1 second, works every time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doozer said:
Hey Kianok,
Just want to know did you ever get your problems sorted by the dealer?
I have 2500km up on my Scirocco and have a rattle coming from the passengers door, Drivers side wiper blade leaves a smudge and makes an annoying squeeking noise also when I accelerate hard my seat slightly moves and makes a cracking sound. Oh and when I open the tailgate using the key sometimes it will not open properly and I have to press tailgate release twice on the key to open it. :?
HI Doozer

Yep all seems fine now. They replaced the drivers side wiper so no more smudge! The rattle from the rear was drom a miss aligned boot stop so that's sorted too.

They couldn't find a fault with the DSG and stangely enough the problem hasn't appeared since I got it back. Saying that I will wait and see what happens next week when the cold weather arrives as that's when played up last time.

All in all though the dealer was great (Gilders, Sheffield), even offered to pick my car up from work and leave a loan car should any other problems occure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now that I have lived with the scirocco for a fews weeks there is a few things I am not been completely happy with.
First is the gear shift which seems a sloppy and not that direct compared to my old Cupra R, plus I think the movement/throw seems a bit too long.
Secondly, the performance seems a bit muted, although I have not pushed it too hard yet as it has only covered 1.5K it does seems to have the urgency at higher revs ( about 4K)
The last point is the rear visiblity, although I was fully aware when ordering, I does take some living with during some manoeurves - So potential owners beware!

Although I have these few gripes, I still love the car and would be reluctant to change it , only for a slightly improved model!

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts