Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to compile a list of Scirocco friendly insurance companies.

Please list who your insured with below, and if possible, their contact details and if they are mod friendly.

I will then compile a list which will hopefully help save a few £££s come renewal time.

www.adrianflux.co.uk - Mod & young driver friendly and between 5% - 15% discount for SciroccoNet members. :thumbup:
www.morethan.com
www.allianz.co.uk - Very Mod Friendly :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
i used More Than, the cars a 2.0tsi i live in a rural area fully comp inc commuting me and Mrs rocket on the policy parked on the drive 14 thousand miles a year im 45 clean licence . i paid £234. inc protected no claims, they should be called Less Than :thumbup:
ps the cover is quite good too i even get a curtusey car and legal assist

·
Registered
508 Posts
Allianz insured me (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1565)
My cover is done through the company though and its done via an insurance broker.
If you go through a broker, not only do you get that personal touch but also they can help "fight your corner" to the insurance company.
Allianz have underwriters that refer to real mechanics when they have queries about modifications. This means you'll get a genuine opinion of the risk involved, not just some blanket prejudged estimate made by someone who knows nothing about cars or performace enhancing products (what usually happens when you ring crappy call centre insurance companies like admiral/norwich union etc.)
so yeh, try an insurance broker and ask them to try Allianz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I'm Jamie Grabham

Pretty new here

Wondering where is the best place to start for insurance quotes.

I am 24 - 6points on licence (speeding)

I will be buying 2.0 TDI GT and prob going to mod it quite a bit

Any help gratefully received

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I'm with Admiral, and they were OK with the Bodykit, but only since it was a manufacturer fit. I'm 23 and think I'm a bit under £700 for the year for the 2.0T, although it's hard to say for sure since I changed my car about 4.5 months into the policy.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Also the fact I am a mad bastard might have some influence.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lol, just as well you don't have to disclose that when taking out a policy :problem:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thommohawk said:
I'm with Admiral, and they were OK with the Bodykit, but only since it was a manufacturer fit. I'm 23 and think I'm a bit under £700 for the year for the 2.0T, although it's hard to say for sure since I changed my car about 4.5 months into the policy.
I assume you have a clean licence?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
jamiegrabham said:
Thommohawk said:
I assume you have a clean licence?
Nope a stupid 3 points for some parking conviction from when i was at uni :x , although it was over 3 years ago, the insurance companies ask for 5 years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm 19 and all insurers are ready to rape me my chepest quote so far is 3500 on my own insurance, but because i have use of another car that i will use as well i can go as a named driver which will be 2700ish
ouchie thats with 1500 excess and no legal cover oh well

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.