Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my car now for just over a month and bar one other I am yet to see any more Sciroccs on the road. It has come as a bit of a bonus to me really as when I first started looking at buying this car I naturally assumed it would be extremely popular on the roads however it's good looks and performance would make up for it.

I find myself however instead with a car that is so rare, I reckon you would have to pay upwards of £50-60k to attract the same amount of stares and curiosity from fellow drivers and pedestrians. So it's been a super purchase all round, I now love the fact that I have a genuinly beautiful car that is not seen anywhere else on the roads, some haven't a clue what it is, some think it's an Audi R8 :cool: and others are just jaw droppingly curious. I now hope that this remains the case throughout most of the life of the car and I kinda hope that either VW maintain this exclusivity or, dare I say it, it doesn't work out for them commercially as they would have hoped? :oops:

On a last note however, for the life of me I don't understand why WV didn't launch this car with an amazing advertisement campaign like they did the current (soon to be old) Golf GTI... (singin' in the rain? remember?)... there is so much pedigree to play on with this car, and it's looks, well I think they missed a treat... good for me then I guess... ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts
On a last note however, for the life of me I don't understand why WV didn't launch this car with an amazing advertisement campaign like they did the current (soon to be old) Golf GTI... (singin' in the rain? remember?)... there is so much pedigree to play on with this car, and it's looks, well I think they missed a treat... good for me then I guess... ;)[/quote]

Shhhhhuussshhhhh!!!!!!! - let's not tell anyone else

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been almost a week now since I collected mine, and over the last few weeks I have also only seen one (started looking out for them once the order was placed). Received the same admiring puzzled looks, as some folks try and work out what this stunning VW actually is. Watched quietly from my office window (and with a certain amount of smugness) as a few people, on seeing it in the car park, began the process of circling the Scirocco in admiration. Great drive, Fantastic looks, i agree with everything said earlier. Although i just know I'm going to see more around soon, which is good too (i guess :?: ).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've seen 2 in 8 months lol!

I'll see 3 at the end of this month when i get mine lol!

·
Registered
78 Posts
basnowdon said:
On a last note however, for the life of me I don't understand why WV didn't launch this car with an amazing advertisement campaign
They did not need to. They are struggling to meet orders around Europe. Image if they had twice the number of orders to deal with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It has been said on both Topgear and fifth gear that the Roc gets more attention than other sports coupe's costing significantly more,..sorry all you BMW / Boxter drivers,.but their hardly news.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I saw 2silver ones this morning one was a demonstrator frm a vw garage and the other had a number plate like DS5455, not seen another red 1 yet tho!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Apart from at the dealers and the 2 on my driveway, I've only see 2 on the road, both in york!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most people, when I say I have bought one say that they have never seen one or had never heard of it. It will be the only one in the car park at my work when it finally arrives (hopefully!!)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
On;y ones I have seen on the road have had me in the, twice on a test drive and mine since collecting 3 weeks ago, apart from that not seen a sniff of one despite doing 500 ish miles per week. Long live the 'niche'

·
Registered
484 Posts
seen one 2day lookin well and c mine everyday haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stares are quite amusing. I even had a guy come up and knock on my window while I was in traffic in Kensington on Saturday and ask where I got it from... :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
by jmn82 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:05 pm

The stares are quite amusing. I even had a guy come up and knock on my window while I was in traffic in Kensington on Saturday and ask where I got it from
Was his name Dave from West Wimbledon by any chance... if so he is well known for being a nosy b'stard. :|

·
Registered
252 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Was his name Dave from West Wimbledon by any chance... if so he is well known for being a nosy b'stard. :|
hahahahahaha lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts