Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Roc with the VW bluetooth functionality so I can use the steering wheel buttons to control the phone through the RCD510 but I've read on other forums that many phones are not compatible with the VW RCD510 system. Does anyone have experience of using the VW bluetooth functions and know which phones are compatible?

Thanks
Westie

·
Registered
132 Posts
Westie - phones must be compatible with a protocol called rSAP (rSim Access Profile), difficult to find out which ones are so suggest you go to a mobile phone dealer and ask.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Redevil
I've gone with an after market Bury kit for now but will look into this once I get my car in March as the Bury kit lloks exactly what it is - a bolt on extra. Another Forum recommends a company called Hazzy Dayz in London who can fit these kits and set the onboard computer with the VAG-COM. Their website is http://www.vwcruise.com/59.html
Westie

·
Registered
2 Posts
redevil said:
http://fiscon-mobile.com/products/fis_vw.php

Check this oot..

This company can dop kits to fit most Audis & Vw's, but so far cannot fit to Scirocco with white dials, but well worth a look cos they seem to do all else...

Cos i'm gonna get one when they have it ready, but there kit can connect to a Scirocco with Sat-Nav....

Cheers Steve
Not sure what you mean by white dials. I have a fiscon installed since december and it does not work with the car only the head unit. Your comment implies that this is a known issue now, although I am still waiting invain for an update from Fiscon support. The functionality that does work is great and fully integrated this is at least as good a solution as the premium factory kit with a decent list of supported phones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Mate,,

How do you mean the head unit, as in radio ?

I don't have SAT-NAV do you? eg; does it work on head unit in a car with/without SAT-NAV ??

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts