Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I've got a GT TSI that's 8 wks old (but only been able to drive it for 4wks!!). Just wondering if anyone else has had probs with the fuel cap? I went to re-fuel my car today and the cap wouldn't open (the external one of the car's body work)...looked like a right idiot in the petrol station!! I have a horrible feeling it's an electrical fault. (My car was in an accident 4 wks ago..other car on wrong side of road and wing mirror smashed off!!..assuming they've had to fiddle with the electrics to fix it). According to car's computer only got 20 miles petrol left and dealer's 35 miles away so they're going to get an angry call tomorrow!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had this problem, and I read about another also.

When you pushed it in to pop the flap open it wouldn't come out. I locked the car, opened it again and it sprung open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car was unlocked...tried locking and unlocking but no luck. Dealer advised me to force it open with screwdriver..which I did and they've now got to strip the drivers door to check all the electrics are ok (they think the accident repair centre's done something to the electrics when they've fixed the wingmirror...scary when you think that's a VW accident repair shop!!). Fingers crossed they'll be able to fix it!..but until then I'm driving around with a screwdriver in my glovebox in case I need to get into the fuel tank (won't look good if I get searched by the police!!!).

·
Registered
173 Posts
fee said:
Car was unlocked...tried locking and unlocking but no luck. Dealer advised me to force it open with screwdriver..which I did and they've now got to strip the drivers door to check all the electrics are ok (they think the accident repair centre's done something to the electrics when they've fixed the wingmirror...scary when you think that's a VW accident repair shop!!). Fingers crossed they'll be able to fix it!..but until then I'm driving around with a screwdriver in my glovebox in case I need to get into the fuel tank (won't look good if I get searched by the police!!!).
Did that not scratch, dent, scrape etc... the rear panel or the fuel flap :shock:

Can't see how its an electrical problem when the flap should just pop out when you push it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Were all the doors unlocked, or just the drivers door?

Porbably you just had the drivers door unlocked whcihh keeps everything else locked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No..had double unlocked...even tried popping the boot open!!..still didn't work. Considered the paintwork before using the screwdriver so damaged my finger rather than the car (put my finger under where I levered the screwdriver). Anyway..has been fixed by the dealer under warranty cos they advised me to break it! They've reset the computer which they're saying will fix the wing mirror prob too...fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts