Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you driving (engine/gearbox) and what's your average mpg on a normal drive. Bit of a broad question given driving styles etc etc but I'm sure it will throw up some interesting results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Not sure about MPG but I have a 2.0L Diesel/Manual and on a full to bursting tank he does about 620 miles!!!

Lou :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
On a 2.0 TSi I am getting between 400 and 500 on a tank filled to the first click on the pump, 80% of the miles are M25 peak hours ttrundling he rest is off peak heavy foot fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Although, I think It would also be interesting to see how few miles people are getting from a tank, the first weekend I got mine I drained it in approx 220 miles and boy was it worth it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Coming from a V6 Synchro Passat I have noticed a vast improvement in mpg so at the moment I am not bothered, similar to Le-Savage the first week or so brought a big smile to my face and it is still there! Probably doing something like 27-28 mpg mostly but town driving and that is 8-9 mpg better than the Passat, what I get on the bigger roads is between me and the Roc for the moment ;) but I am using Super unleaded on the advice of the BM and his team.

Ps: 2.0Tsi GT DSG with a fair amount of fuel consuming gadgets running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Sorry lads in Ireland we're Km/h
I drive 2.0 TSI, currently getting around 550 km on a tank.
Digital Fuel indicator reads 690 Km on a full tank. when its time for a refill the trip computer comes out at around 550 Km with 10 km left in tank.
Best fuel consumption I got on a trip was 7.4 Litres/100Km, driving like miss daisy :oops:
Worst I got was 36.5 litres/100km doing 200 Km/h on the motorway :evil: A bit of a silly boy, If I got caught the Gardai would crush the Rocco!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Too early to tell as I only have up 360 miles...however filled up for the second time today and I had 320 miles on clock with warning light on and an anticipated range of 50 miles, therefore 370 miles approx on first tank of fuel. I would say to date on varied driving, very much in DSG "drive" mode, i.e. nothing excessive, 30mpg seems about the norm...max I got up to showing on the motorway was 38mpg...but that needs a light foot [and preferably no hills!]. After diesels its not great, but my god with this car its worth every penny as long as the oil lasts! Will report more when run in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
30060744 said:
why does the oil have to last? is there a prob.
Some people have or are experiencing quite high oil usage with their new cars.... not checked mine for a week but it's not used a drop in 2k miles, maybe it's the way I drive it???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
zum wohl said:
Too early to tell as I only have up 360 miles...however filled up for the second time today and I had 320 miles on clock with warning light on and an anticipated range of 50 miles, therefore 370 miles approx on first tank of fuel. I would say to date on varied driving, very much in DSG "drive" mode, i.e. nothing excessive, 30mpg seems about the norm...max I got up to showing on the motorway was 38mpg...but that needs a light foot [and preferably no hills!]. After diesels its not great, but my god with this car its worth every penny as long as the oil lasts! Will report more when run in...
I took it to mean the oil left in the ground? Come on lads, get with it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
MarkoRocco said:
zum wohl said:
Too early to tell as I only have up 360 miles...however filled up for the second time today and I had 320 miles on clock with warning light on and an anticipated range of 50 miles, therefore 370 miles approx on first tank of fuel. I would say to date on varied driving, very much in DSG "drive" mode, i.e. nothing excessive, 30mpg seems about the norm...max I got up to showing on the motorway was 38mpg...but that needs a light foot [and preferably no hills!]. After diesels its not great, but my god with this car its worth every penny as long as the oil lasts! Will report more when run in...
I took it to mean the oil left in the ground? Come on lads, get with it!
Mark, you don't really think the oil is going to run out do you? Are you really yet another victim of the scaremongering and puppetry spun out by the media and government to increase taxes and gain control over the people.

Next you'll be trying to convince me that global warming is due to the hugely insignificant presence of humans on this planet and not just part of the cyclical patterns that have existed since our atmosphere stabilised and the earth settled into a semi stable orbit around our star.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
30060744 said:
why does the oil have to last? is there a prob.
Sorry chaps...stayed away for a few hours and look what happens! No, i didn't mean my engine oil...which is unmoved so far...it was just a very light hearted quip regarding global oil...slipped it in quietly cos thought it may get a response on a GT roc forum!! :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Now at what point did I say the oil was going to run out? Just merely giving a steer as to what ZW meant (as borne out by his own subsequent admission :lol:)

Personally, I'm in favour of the global cooling theory, caused by all of the aircraft contrails over this wonderful planet. *Thinks* wonder if I could get the Roc to do this....?

Stay safe out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
2.0 tsi with a manual gearbox and superchip remap I am averaging around 37mpg combined which I dont think is too bad. However I have noticed that having the climate control on makes a massive difference, may drop to low 30's. Which is way more than any previous car I have had. Keep it off at the moment, not sure how its giing to affect the MPG in the warm summer weather! :eek: :shock: :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
hi all

I agree with Zum just filled mine up for the first time today and had 325 on the clock with 50 miles left in the tank, so say 370, 375 with DSG on 99% of the time, which is what I expected I suppose, not sure what to expect though !!!!

I did fill with super unleaded though today and what I have heard makes a bit of a difference to the MPG, but will update you when I need to fill up again.

I must say though is a pleasure to drive and god to you get some amazing looks from people !!!!

Cheers

Simon
 
1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Top