Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone contemplating ordering a Rocco would be advised to add rear parking sensors to their wish list, Im glad I did.

·
Registered
283 Posts
essential in especially when you see how my missus reverses

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Mate,I reckon this had got to be one of the easiest cars I've ever reversed, just set the L/H mirror low, look for the wheel arch , and there you go, my wife has TT and it's hell to reverse...

Cheers

Steve Fae Scotland

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for this. i posted a similar thread up in the newbies and its been mentioned there!

I'll add it to my list. Cheers!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bet they are easy to use, but having seen a car with them fitted, decided they were not for me. I will have lots of cash to spend on touch up paint for the rear bumper!

·
Registered
252 Posts

Well worth it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
chr15 said:
Wow I did not realise it showed an image on the screen, my rocco should be arriving in a couple of weeks :)
Yes the yellow line shows an object getting closer (my garage), when you get to less than 30cm you hear a fixed tone rather than a beep and the line turns red.

The line isn't always the width of the car, sometimes you may only see the left corner covered i.e. a lamppost when parallel parking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aardvark, didn't know vw sold touch up by the gallon mate! let us know when you've used the first bucketful hope its not metallic!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Veeedubba! I was thinking more of an occasional scuff mark. Not entering a demolition derby or anything. She is due to be delivered to the dealership on Dec 17th, so not long to wait. Happy with yours?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Baldred said:
Thanks for posting the excellent picture of the screen - you have convinced me that it is worthwhile adding it to my extras list!
No probs, I should add FYI people think retro fitting parking sensors is the same thing, however I have read on other forums that people that retro fitted them only get the beeping sound no display is shown and believe me the display comes in great use.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have to wonder why there aren't 2 different prices for PDC. Factory fitted with the jazzy display on the screen should cost more than a dealership fit that doesn't work on the screen?
OR
Should the dealerships be doing a more thorough job, but they don't know what to do?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts