Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Not sure whether its just me but just noticed this afternoon that the VW badge on my boot seems to be coming away from the bodywork, it seems to stick back down but after a few seconds comes away form the bodywork again.

Has anyone else had this happen to them ?

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow never heard of a problem like that you should check it out, I work for a dealership in cambridge i'll ask about see if we're had anything like that happen before, certainly not on mine anyway, might just be a one in a million that just happens

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
spspooner said:
Hi All

Not sure whether its just me but just noticed this afternoon that the VW badge on my boot seems to be coming away from the bodywork, it seems to stick back down but after a few seconds comes away form the bodywork again.

Thanks

Simon
How's the badge... has it de-badged your rocco yet?? Could be a new option, slow release de-badging!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi there

well falling off again, had another moan at the garage and they are ordering me a new one, so we will wait and see.

thanks for the interest

simon

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
spspooner said:
Hi All

Thanks

Simon
It's only stuck on with glue, give it some more glue if you want

·
Registered
12 Posts
business manager said:
spspooner said:
Hi All

Thanks

Simon
hi there..

was thking of removing the rear and the front ones for a matt black respray.

they are only stuck in there with glue with no clips?
Would there be "a best way" to remove it then? Heat it up with a heat gun and slowly pry it off?

thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
my front badge came off when cleaning.
just go to a diy shop and get some of that double sided sticky tape/foam pads and stick it back on.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ash said:
business manager said:
spspooner said:
Hi All

Thanks

Simon
hi there..

was thking of removing the rear and the front ones for a matt black respray.

they are only stuck in there with glue with no clips?
Would there be "a best way" to remove it then? Heat it up with a heat gun and slowly pry it off?

thanks!
Thats what I did matey, heat it up with a hair dryer (dont think I would put a heat gun that close to my paintwork :shock: :? ) then work some dental floss round the back of it and prize it away. Buy a new set of badges from VW (think they cost me about £35) then give them a good rub down with wet and dry to get a good key. 3 very light coats of primer and 3 very light coats of matt black and you are sorted. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts