Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all

Just completed the first 150 miles in my new Pewter Roc and thought that I should comment on the experience so far. As you can see from the image the red carpet had been well and truly laid out for my arrival to the VW dealership. I have been a voyeur on SciroccoNet for the past 11 weeks and became a little alarmed by the dealer bashing, so to see a gleaming car in the showroom, in a sort of VIP area with the only name on the list being mine I was made up. Not to mention the bottle of bubbly that I was given on departure. I can recommend the attention to detail from the Peterborough VW dealership.

Oh, by the way the car is fantastic, what a journey from Peterborough to Brighton, I'm looking forward to the return journey on Sunday.

Car spec: 2.0GT, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Pano Sunroof, Leather, Sill Protectors (Tomorrow: Hazzy Dazys are fitting Fiscon Bluetooth)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure 95%+ of customers are happy to very happy with the service. Great to hear someone actually take the time to praise their dealer.

Looks like a very well spec car. I hope you continue to enjoy!

·
Registered
315 Posts
From my own experiences plus reading the Board, VW dealers seem a mixed bunch - some very good and some not so good. VW need to work on consistency across the network so customers get a good experience at all UK dealers.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I live literally a mile from my nearest VW dealership but don't bother with them anymore. It was just one bad experience after another. Now use Alan Day Hampstead which funnily enough is part of the same franchise as my local dealer.

So yes, a mixed bunch with lots of inconsistencies, including prices.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi all,

I did experience the "red carpet" and "princess" treatment upon delivery.

Upon delivery my shiny Candy white "Precious" was in the delivery area of the VW dealer. I got a full hour of explanation (no, it's not because I'm a woman, it seems that they do that for every car, and further more I kinda noticed that the sales person was enjoying it as much as I did).

I'm still referred to as "the lady that bought the Scirocco" and when I had to come in at 1000 km (for a little check), every other customer (they also sell Skoda) had to wait until the "Rocco lady" was served and had left the building. One guy whose car was serviced and was ready to go, didn't like it all that much, but he should have bought a Scirocco hé ;-)
Mechanics dropped whatever they were doing (not good business, but then again, not my business) to come and have a look and to exchange some funny thoughts as it was the sales guy (good looking too by the way) who checked the oil etc on the car. Very funny and it does make you feel good you know. (kinda special, and who would not like this)

Over here in Belgium, I only encountered 1 other Scirocco (black one), so I guess there aren't a lot driving around in Belgium. (Belgian Scirocconet.co.uk members reveal yourselves !).

Greets,
^^
x

·
Registered
78 Posts
My girlfriend got a similar treatment from a Mini dealer a few years back. When we arrived at the showroom her mini was covered up and they removed the cover before letting her drive it out the showroom. It's such a simple touch but makes you feel a bit more valued.

My Scirocco experience was a bit different. As I ordered it through a broker I was considered a fleet customer. I arrived at the dealership to be told my car was still in their "valeting centre". The salesman drove my down to there and I can only descibe it as a very knackered old warehouse. I then had the pleasure of driving my Scirocco for the first time over all the potholes in the car park in the rain.

·
Registered
261 Posts
TonyIroc said:
I live literally a mile from my nearest VW dealership but don't bother with them anymore. It was just one bad experience after another. Now use Alan Day Hampstead which funnily enough is part of the same franchise as my local dealer.

So yes, a mixed bunch with lots of inconsistencies, including prices.
Are you near the Alan Day in New Southgate Tony? If so you are near to me.
I bought mine there and got good service (apart from the DRL issue) and a good price.
When I picked my car up it they had it hidden under a giant grey silk dust sheet. It didn't even register with me what the giant grey lump behind the salesman was as he ran through the final paperwork with me. Then when it was time to see the car the salesman turned round and whipped the silk sheet off like an official unveiling.
It was a real jaw dropping moment and a great introduction to my car, only bettered by that first drive off of the forecourt.
Hope they maintain there good service when I book it in next week to have the wipers changed and creaking rear axle looked at.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Katmadam said:
Hi all,

I did experience the "red carpet" and "princess" treatment upon delivery.

Upon delivery my shiny Candy white "Precious" was in the delivery area of the VW dealer. I got a full hour of explanation (no, it's not because I'm a woman, it seems that they do that for every car, and further more I kinda noticed that the sales person was enjoying it as much as I did).

I'm still referred to as "the lady that bought the Scirocco" and when I had to come in at 1000 km (for a little check), every other customer (they also sell Skoda) had to wait until the "Rocco lady" was served and had left the building. One guy whose car was serviced and was ready to go, didn't like it all that much, but he should have bought a Scirocco hé ;-)
Mechanics dropped whatever they were doing (not good business, but then again, not my business) to come and have a look and to exchange some funny thoughts as it was the sales guy (good looking too by the way) who checked the oil etc on the car. Very funny and it does make you feel good you know. (kinda special, and who would not like this)

Over here in Belgium, I only encountered 1 other Scirocco (black one), so I guess there aren't a lot driving around in Belgium. (Belgian Scirocconet.co.uk members reveal yourselves !).

Greets,
^^
x
Kat glad you had the red carpet treatment, BTW ur knickers arent tucked into your skirt? Its just that happened to my wife, and she experienced the same sort of VIP treatment at the local dealers. She thought she was the business until I pointed it out lol!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
No, I didn't have that. I never wear skirts. But I must say, that in my early days - a long long time ago, when the animals still knew how to talk - I had it and it felt soooooooooo bad once I was aware of it.
You do want to vanish at that moment !
Anyway, every time I enter at the VW dealer I still get the VIP feeling

I only went back once, because there was something not completely right with the 'things (plastic)' that are around the fogs. It was not correctly aligned and it had been noticed while giving Precious her first bath.

^x^

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Brilliant that Katmadam. Keep it going with your dealer and milk for all you can.
Hey imitebeurda do you think that skirt in the knickers routine might work for a 50+ year old bloke too when I pick my Roc up ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
nickp said:
Are you near the Alan Day in New Southgate Tony? If so you are near to me.
I bought mine there and got good service (apart from the DRL issue) and a good price.
Bought mine from AD Southgate and also got very good service.

I live in Enfield so there must be at least 3 of us in the area.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was raining the day I collected mine so my dealer kept it in the actual show room waiting for me. Collecting on a Sunday as well which isn't usually what any dealer wants to do . They spent ages going through everything throughly as well giving time to have a triple walk over to check every detail. Since then.. had great service as well. Which is really strange for a dealer :?

10k service was done in half a day with a decent courtesy car.
Fitted bury bluetooth to my spec without any extra charges.
Retro fitted cruise.
and fixed a set of irritating rattles from behind the dash without a single word of "that's by design blah blah".

VW Hyde, Manchester.. a rare example of an actual real life decent dealer. I am still in shock.

·
Registered
572 Posts
gosh there's some good VIP service out there. The 2nd car I bought which was 2nd hand they gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers with it which I thought was a nice touch.

BM - please note I won't be tucking my skirt in my knickers when I collect you'll be very pleased to hear :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.