Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

When should you remap?

• My car is remapped / I'm getting it remapped and I think you should go for it now

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • My car is remapped / I'm getting it remapped and I think you should wait until the car has been run

Votes: 16 72.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do the business with the Bluefin at the weekend. Well maybe. My car has done 195 miles. What are peoples opinions on a remap vs running in. Would you recommend that I wait or would you just go for it?

I'd prefer opinions from those who have had their car remapped or are getting it done as I'd like to avoid this becoming a discussion on whether people agree or disagree with remaps in general. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Running in.... :wtf:

There has been a discussion on this before... I personally sit squarely and firmly in the running in is for losers.... buy car, thrash car, remap car... enjoy. All of my cars have been worked from day 1 and none have suffered, in fact I would even argue that the engines have run better and procduced more power as a result. The manufacturers will tell you to take it easy in the first 1-2k miles... but if you rag it from the showroom onwards any 'weak' components will very quickly show themselves and be replaced under warranty, running in will improve the chances of that component not failing, but that is not to say they will not fail one day... and possibly after the warranty has expired :thumbdown:

If in doubt rev it out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dude done 1200 bored now so [email protected]£k it getting mine ordered as soon as I get back from Portugal birth place of the roc.... Have I seen any have I f........ :twisted:

·
Registered
79 Posts
running in is certainly not a myth as you can hear the difference in the noise an engine makes (well, I can say for the diesel ;).. and also feel that it only gets to full performance after 5k km or so...

i had a r, but waited until 5k until i got it done

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Bluefin installed......Went a wee drive.....Holeeeeeeee sh*t!

50-100 in the blink of an eye.
Well done Evil.... :thumbup: and just in time for the weekend... i hope we get some nice driving weather so you can really see what it can do. I'm already looking forward to the report back. Enjoy :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friday? Scirocco's seriously damage your health. I've hardly done any work all week. Not good when your self employed! That's it though. Next week I'm going for it big time!

Going to paint my brake calipers at the weekend. Was over at VW there as my boot needed adjusted as it was rattling. I adjusted the bump-stops myself but needed realigned. Car is now tip-top. Can't believe how quick it is (can't believe how fast my fuel gauge is moving either). The main difference as far as I can tell is that at no point in any of the rev range does it feel that you've come to the end of the power curve. Even in 6th there's plenty of poke.

Amazingly where the ESP light on my TT used to light up constantly I have yet to see it on the Roc even with the Remap. I am well and truly sold. This car is a belter!

·
Registered
412 Posts
scottyroc said:
ED your not driving hard enough then..mt esp light seems to be showing itself a little to regurlar at the moment..:lol:
yeah mine seems to pop up everytime i put my foot down in first, it can be quite annoying!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.