Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered a million times but does remapping your engine make a big difference to insurance preniums ? (assuming you tell the insuresrs !)
Also if you tell them do you have to give them specifics i.e. increase in bhp ?

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
If they ECU is an Adaptable one, which I think it is... It mean the ECU basically studies the remap... and adapts the car to suit it. My SLK 350 is the same and my insurance never budged. But if your worried just go BlueFin... and keep it in the car so if the worst my happen (touch wood it doesn't) just quickly plug it in and load the old map.

However the best choice is to be honest and tell your insurance, like ever good Roc owner on this site :D ;)

And be careful when posting things like this. You don't know who's reading! :shh:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Police men and women doing their excellent job of stopping young driver for FU*K ALL! I once got stopped because I appeared too young to be drive a car of such spec :shock: then they kept bring up, under their breath and £80 fine... I was like '80 Bleedin' quid for driving a car you can't afford with your wage!' they eventually realised that their own head was lost up their own rectum, which explained they echo. :angel:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Flux said:
Police men and women doing their excellent job of stopping young driver for FU*K ALL! I once got stopped because I appeared too young to be drive a car of such spec :shock: then they kept bring up, under their breath and £80 fine... I was like '80 Bleedin' quid for driving a car you can't afford with your wage!' they eventually realised that their own head was lost up their own rectum, which explained they echo. :angel:
I'm sorry but, what? I didn't understand a word of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.