Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Roc came with the main dealers [solid colour] sticker in the top centre of the rear window...perfectly positioned so that whatever the seat position, all i can see of the car behind on the motorway is its wheels! I asked the dealer to remove it a while back but they refused, saying its tricky cos of the wire filaments it covers [hmmm...skilled technicians???] . Anyhow, finally got sick of it and yesterday peeled it off dead easy using a hair dryer to warm the glue. Before you ask I did this in the garage, didn't wanted the neighbours commenting that I was was now blow drying the ROC! :? Anyhow, I now have a bit of tricky glue left behind, can any of you techo's suggest the best gentle product to get it off? Tried a few things, but its hard work so far....Cheers for any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the same as you and then removed the residue with a bit of white spirit on a paper towel.
Methelated spirit, turps or gum remover will work just as well. You don't need too much and be carelful of the trim and heater elements.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Removed my dealer sticker the day I got the car, they might as well have stuck it on the rear view mirror for what I could see through it with it on the rear window. Peeled the sticker of then used a little white spirit to get rid of the glue, perfect.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers folks...Pure white spirit did the trick easy today...now i can at least see where I have been! :wave:

·
Registered
658 Posts
U just need someone to give it a good HARD RUB!!! :lol:

:wave:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a similar experience a few years ago when I bought an Audi A3. I had asked the dealer not to put any stickers in, but someone did any way. They did, however, remove it as soon as I arrived to pick up the car. I made a point this time of insisting that no stickers were applied ANYWHERE in or on the car, as I would only be asking them to remove them immediately. I also made sure that the dealer postcode and name was as small as possible on the plates. My dealer was very accommodating but obviously not all are. I am surpsied that they had the gall to refuse to remove one of their poxy stickers which, you could argue, was defacing your car just to promote their business.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Really, wheres that can??,......... hmmmmmmmmm now she can nag all night and I can stay on scirocconet blisfully happy and ignorant now, I can see it now, "buy wd40 great to lubricate stuff and when the wife is nagging, use it as THE solvent of choice, available at all under cover drug retailers in your area"....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.